Do you ever feel like...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Jun 21, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Do ever feel like resigning from your family? I do right now. Not my hubby and kids, my original family.
    Didja know that I'm a terrible person because I sprained my ankle the other day? I haven't been helping out at my mom's and taking care of her, and all because I haven't been able to stand up for any length of time, or drive my car. But I'm a terrible person. My mom called earlier wanting to know when I would be back on my feet, and when my hubby went down there to water the garden tonight, my sister is giving him the silent treatment. Oh, well, maybe I should just secede from the family, hire me a General Lee and say to heck with it all.
    Sorry to all of y'all that were calling me Sunshine yesterday, the clouds just moved in front of me.
    At least I've got my BOC family.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    it'll work out Deb. Alot of times people get so involved with their own issues they forget about others. Hard to care for somebody when ya can't get around yourself. Take care of you, then ya can take care of your momma. Worse case senerio, ya wanna blow up,,,gimmie a call. I'm bout 1/2 deaf and hollerin don't faze me.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    The ones that love you the most can hurt you the worst.

If you are like me you want the ring their necks most of the time but wouldn't trade them for anything.

4. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Sorry to be a downer, y'all. I don't usually post about the mess that goes on with my family.... maybe I should take the view that they might appreciate me a little bit more, but NAHHH, they wouldn't have anything to fuss about.:eek:oooh:

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Kinda funny how that works aint it? It seems like sometimes the nicest folks get dumped on the worst.

Keep your chin up Debbie. Sometimes you jusy have to take care of yourself first. I would imagine before long they will ease up on you.

6. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Kinda brings my uncle to mind. No offense to anyone , but they are Jehovahs Witnesses and pretty much have forgotten about the remainder of our family. I drove up to visit them (60 miles in a 1978 Bonneville) and upon my arrival , he did'nt seem to ecstatic to see me. I talked to him for a little bit then it began to pour down rain. I did'nt want to drive the distance out there in 'no mans land' so I asked him could I spend the night. Now keep in mind ever since I was a kid , I'd go up there and stay for weeks at a time prior to my aunt's passing. Even afterwards I'd go with no issue. Anyway he gives me some BS about the guest room being junky on the floor but not the BED and says he did'nt want me to sleep on the couch or even the floor because he ' was having fellow Witnesses over in the A.M.' There were some of his 'friends' over that night to whom I introduced myself and was telling them about my new job. One of them responded without knowing me for longer than 5 minutes ' Well , whatever you do , dont steal anything' !! Now initially , I was wholeheartedly pissed at this point but I decided to keep my mouth shut out of respect for his house. In the end , I ended up sleeping in my car in that dark abyss of a yard where I was bitten by ticks! In the morning , I awakened to see none of those 'Witnesses' he claimed were coming by! So I swallowed this hard pill and drove back home. Following this , I've made a vow never to return up there as long as I live because , personally , I'll be damned if I call myself being nice enough to visit and then being treated like an addict or some street trash because I am not of their religion or , as they say , 'worldly'!!!:angry: So , to answer your question , I don't feel like resignation but more like conflagration!!!

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    sorry Deb and Mason but as they say you can pick your friends but not your family. sometimes family takes you for granted and sometimes they just push ya away. you either love'em or leave'em i guess. every situation is different. but you both have family here.

8. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Hang in there Debbie, things have a way of working out and one of my favorite saying when things seem there worse id "This too shall pass". We will be thinking about you as well a praying for your recovery in a timely manner and for your family as well. Thanks for your support and encouragement in the other thread!
    Steve

9. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Deb, it sounds like you and Bo need a Ginger Bay trip,,, sitting on the bank resting,, watching nature and fishing. I'm sure Bo would help around camp and put fish away so you could just sit and rest....

I hope your ankle/foot gets to feeling better.

10. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Thanks to everybody. I would thank you on the post, but I don't have a THANKER button this morning. It will pass, it has before, but somehow it just doesn't seem fair to kick somebody when they are down. Oh, well, on with the show, and here's lots of love to my BOC bros! (and sisses:wink:).