Do you consider this unethical?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathunter, Dec 2, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It makes me feel like not hunting agin, or being associated with the sport.

A guy at work was telling me about his adventures on the first day of gun season..He shot a doe, and had to blood trail it..Him and his buddy found it with a hind leg shot up..He told me the deer was just laying there alive..I said did you shoot it agin? He said no, we left the woods and went and got something to eat and came back several hrs latter..The deer was still alive..And still they did not shoot it..His buddy decided to try and cut it's throat with a knife..He told me it took several minutes, and the deer was squawling and making all kind of wierd sounds before it died....I was so mad I was steaming..I screamed at him for christ sakes why did you let that animal suffer like that..And I told him when he dies I hope it is a very painfull death...He also told me the reason they did not shoot it agin in the first place was they did not want to waste another slug on a stinking doe.....Damn I got so freaking mad then, I yelled at him why in the hell did you even shoot at it at all!!!!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    That just ain't right.

If you can't afford the money to buy a slug to shoot a doe a second time, you shouldn't take the shot in the first place. That guy and his friend should have pine slivers stuck under their fingernails then lit on fire.

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    All I can say is, it takes all kinds. Just usualy its the wrong king.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    that makes me cringe and mad :cursing: that is down right inhumane and cruel. also if anti hunting groups got wind of that it would just be more ammo in thier fight to ban hunting.

5. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Thats just not right. The only humane thing to do would be to put it out of its misery. He does not deserve to hunt anymore if he can't spend the few cents it costs to use a slug.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats just not right at all and maybe the best things for them to do is just stop hunting. With all this peta stuff we need to make a fast kill even if its making a second shot. The 2nd day of our gun season i shot a doe with a broken leg just hate to see them left to died like that.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Jack I really wish you hadn't posted this story because it makes me so sick and angry I can't stand it.Nothing should have to suffer unduly and any decent human being would have finished the deer off.I have had to do it a number of times along our highways here as many are struck and nobody stops.I carry a small 22 pistol for this and carried one when I hunted for the same reason.You can easily visualize the terror that deer felt when some idiot was trying to cut its throat and I'm sure the poor doe was bleating like crazy.If I were you I would contact my local newspaper and tell the story to the outdoor writer and ask him to have it featured in his section.You don't have to name names as the idiot will recognize himself if he can read.What I hope is that when this SOB dies and his Creator is weighing him on the scales of justice that they balance out perfectly,good deeds equal to his bad deeds,then while the sorry piece of crap is smiling because he thinks he is going to heaven the deer limps up and jumps in with him.I'm not critcizing you for telling the story I just hate people like that and don't care if they know it.

8. Bryan Roseberry

Bryan Roseberry New Member

That is absolutely ridiculous. I got mad at myself for rushing a shot that I missed because I could have only wounded the deer. Unfortunately there are more people like that these days. Dads need to be teaching there kids ethics, but even then you can teach em but they have to practice it.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Unethical? Yes, and also completely unacceptable in my book. Sure, not everything will go as planned all the time when hunting but when the oppurtunity comes to do the right thing it is the hunter's responsability to harvest that animal as quickly and humane as possible. Its too bad that we can not weed out all the want-to-be hunters out there with bad ethics and values. The best we can do is to pass down our good hunting habits and ethics to the younger generation and hope that they apply what they have learned and become responsible hunters themselves.

10. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    i agree with you wolfman,thats just not excepted and he should lose his hunting rights for stuff like that :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

11. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'm with you Jack. That bunch would be NO friend of mine!!
    What a BUTTHEAD !!!!

12. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I think people like that need to be used as bullet catchers. I could almost spit nails just reading about people that do that kind of stupid stuff. I wonder that if he had a broken leg and you left him in the woods for a few hours if he would see things in a different light?. Think a good slap in the head and a swift kick in the pants are in order for him just for general purpose. just my thoughts though.

13. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    .... sticking a pin into a voodoo doll....

May the guy you work with never again find sleep.

14. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

I'm with okiecop on this one,needs a slap in the head,another on on the side of his head,and one more in the back of the head! :mad:Someone with ethic's like that doesn't need to be hunting at all!
    Leakyboat

15. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    Thats the kind of person I would like a couple of PETA people to get after!!!! I wish I had that whole scene on camera. I would show it to a couple of PETA represenatives and then turn them loose on him. The sad part is I think that that's what most anti hunters think we are they think that we BRUTALLY murder animals like this guy at your work did.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry about posting that story guys, but I felt the need to share it and see if you felt as I do.....It still upsets me to think about it.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Man you just dont even have a clue how mad I am at that guy....I dont know him, but its probaly a good thing I dont, after reading your post. Man I wish his hunting rights would be terminated forever!!!!!!!!......... :cursing: I really hate it when someone does something like that. And I agree that he needs a slap, or two, or three, or
    one-hundered, right across his head. :mad: There's just no excuse for that kind of nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw the guy at work tonight in the lunch room, and he had the nerve to come up and try to talk to me..He said he could not get the sound, I guess the bleating the doe was doing out of his head..But he could not understand why..May it haunt him forever, thanks for letting me vent guys!..I have been hunting for 30 years, and killed my share of animals..But I have never let one suffer when I could do something about it.

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah there's diffently never, ever, ever, any reason to make a animal suffer like that! :sad:

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Did you slap him? Just kidding, two wrongs dont make a
    right.......I guess :rolleyes: :eek: