Do you Catalog Your Equipment?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Spider, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Just wondering how many have an actual list and maybe pictures of their equipment. i was thinking it might be a good idea for insurance purposes or if the need would ever arrise that you have to identify something. I remember once having a CB Radio stolen from my truck. when I found out about the break-ins I checked with the police to make a report. They caught a guy and had a bunch of stuff. i got my radio back but only because i had the serial number and could prove it was mine.
    I'm thinking of listing and photgraphing all my stuff and putting it on a CD.
    It seems like a good idea considering the total dollar amount involved.

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i try to log all my fishing equipment but some times i forget to do it

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I save all my invoices for everything I buy and I have a dvd with all my equipment video taped on it.I keep it at a family members house in a fireproof box.I have full coverage on my van ,but that only covers the first $500 for a theft.I have a rider on my renters insurance for the bulk of it. You never know.:wink:

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I don't log it but I have some pics. Here are some of my bass lures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Here is some of my stuff I use for trout

Attached Files:

6. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    and some more trout stuff

Attached Files:

7. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    And I have alot more in my other boxes. I just haven't gone through them yet. I have about 50 diffrent types of rubber worms, about 20 types of tube jigs, about 12 colors of rubber lizards, tons of mister twisters, I also have a box for muskie and stripers, a box full of spinnerbaits and buz baits, a box full of jigs and trailers, and I have 2 boxes of stuff for the salt. I have 38 fishing rods and reels. I just have to much stuff. Now I don't ever use it cause I am to busy chasing catfish:cool2:.

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    And I thought I had to much stuff Ken. My wife yells at me for having stuff that hasn't even been opend yet.

9. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Bass & Trout :eek:oooh: ?????
    Guess I will photo my stuff, not like I have much else to do.
    I see we have a lot of the same lures :roll_eyes:

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    It's totally on my to do list. Especially tools. They are all used tools and there's no record that I own them anywhere.

11. Funny you brought this subject up Larry.:roll_eyes:

I just started yesterday with me and my brothers boats. Taking photos of all serial numbers, id's of the hulls and motors. Also taking pics of components on the motor and the hulls so when I am shopping for parts, I can easily compare pics:wink:. I even got pics of the spark plug #'s, prop pitch #'s, coils packs, carb, etc:wink:.

Eventually I'll get to my fishing gear:confused2:, which I am sad to say:embarassed:, doesn't meet up to what Ken has:eek:oooh:!

12. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Seems Ken could open a Yard Sale Tackle Store :smile2:

I know it's a bit off "tackle" topic but here's my wooden Muskie and Bass I made several years back. Both made from regular old piceces of lumber and cut / contoured / finished:

13. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla

I see you have a lot of lures for "bait" lol:smile2:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catalog and photo of your equipment is a good idea. I would also recommend you check with your insurance on coverage and see if you need a rider on your policy.