Do you bring a chair?

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by pennsyvinn, Oct 21, 2009.

1. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    Does anyone hike in their bait,rods and tackle and still bring a chair?Right now, I bring a boat cushion to sit on anything I can find.I'm having a hard time getting comfortable,so I end up cutting it short and missing the chance to catch more fish.I don't think a stool would be any better than my boat cushion.What do you guys think?What kind of chair should I be looking for and is it really worth the hassle to drag it in?When I say hike I mean 10-25 minute walk guys,not 10 foot out of the truck:wink:

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    alot of times i bring a small tripod lookin chair, its small and light and i attach it to my backpack for the hike in. the nice thing is if the bank is steep i can dig in one of the legs of the chair so its not leanin all over the place. i think i got mine from wally world or someplace like that, i also picked up one of those "hot seats" that they sell in the hunting department and those are light and hook on my pack, just in case the chair can't work and i'm sittin on a rock:cool2:

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I like to be able to sit also,, and ,, A few years ago, I picked up some lightweight folding type chairs, that dove hunters use... it's lite, and folds, has a shoulder strap, and a fold up backrest!!!!!. even has a small zippered enclosure you can put snacks, flashlight, etc,,

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    depends where i'm fishing but usually i'll bring one of those old aluminum folding lawn chairs...yeah it can be a hassel carring it but if your out there all day , well worth it

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If i'm not around big chunk rock to sit on I will.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Dunno if this helps anyone but if I'm back in the middle of nowhere I will bring some sort of chair then hide it in the woods so I don't have to carry it so far again.

I do this with rod holders too ; )

-Jim-

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Most times I have a regular folding chair with me. However being the resourceful carp fishing convert that I am there are times that I will just carry (actually just clips on to my tackle bag) my unhooking mat with me. When unfolded it is about 32 inches wide and 40 inches long. It is a nylon covering over 1/2 inch foam. This I lay on. True, I have been known to fall asleep while comfortably waiting for my next bite. With the electronic bite alarms that I use (another carry over from carp fishing) I am awaken by the sound of the "alarm". Some nights there is pretty much rest gotten, then there are some nights that I don't even get to lay down. :wink:

Ray

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually bring one of the folding chairs in the nylon bag with a shoulder strap. The main reason I do is because I carry my pvc/rebar rod holders in the bag. I also like to have the chair to lean my rods on when rigging them. I would like to say I use the chair to sit in, but that never happens because I seem to always be roaming up and down the river bank throwing the cast net or casting the sabiki. Always looking for bait.

9. Dutch

Dutch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use a 5 gallon bucket that I carry my tackle bag in and seat cushion (the tie on the kitchen chair type) I just stuff it in the bucket and throw in any other that I need for the day. When I get to my spot I set up all my gear flip the bucket and throw on the cushion and I'm ready to fish

10. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    I use two different ones depending on where I'm going. One is the regular fold up and the other is a tripod from Cabelas with a back on it. Both have bags with shoulder straps. Hope this helps. Cabelas still has the tripod for $25.00

11. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    use any type i can get where im going..usually jsut a regular folding chair

12. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Do I bring a chair?Check out my profile pic.:smile2:

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Iam a five Gal. bucket man myself.If I get much bigger I will be a two bucket man.
    smokey

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    you should get one like this . Comes with a bag with a shoulder strap for hiking a ways into the woods or where ever .

15. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No matter where I go, I always bring a chair. If I'm going to be out for hours, I may as well be comfortable!

16. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I'm 61 years old and I always take one of the chairs mentioned above that comes with a case and strap. Sure does make fishing alot more enjoyable.

17. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I keep a chair in my truck but I rarely use it..I have to stay on my toes all the time..Sometimes when my rod holder won't work I'll use my chair to prop my rods on..

18. KajunKat

KajunKat New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've often wondered if a beach chair would work. You know one of those chairs that look like the legs are cut off so you can sit real close to the ground but have back support. They even recline. It would probably not work on rocky banks but we don't have any rocks within a hundred miles of here...

19. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well I have a fold up chair that goes into a bag that can be draped over your shoulder so that helps. Along with a backpack for tackle. When I am at the river and it is way rocky, I find me a good butt rock! LOl and that works. I tend not to sit often anyway. I always love working three poles so I am baiting, rigging or watching at least one all the time

20. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    well after reading all the posts i may be the lone ranger of using a cooler with wheels and i use one of those seat cushions like the heated ones only mine has no heat. and i pull up the handle from the cooler and it acts like a make shift back rest. i dont know bout you guys but i use the cooler with wheels because i have to hike bout 20 mins to my favorite spot and i hate trying to drag my fish that far for all my tackle and stuff i use my backpack. the cooler is mainly to carry back my catch and to sit on hope this helps.