Do you believe me now

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by litltman, Mar 8, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    good morning.here is a little picture that I could not refuse to share. guess what it is , thats right ,it is three robins that I shot with a bb- pellet gun yesterday.here in town its the only way to get birds without getting into jail.the only drawback is that I have to be careful of cars and houses. my wife deep fried the robins and cooked rice and gravy. and cornbread, and fries. however I was the only one to eat the robins. as the wife or daughter does not eat them. oh well. it was great.:big_smile: have a blessed day

Attached Files:

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Holy crap now thats funny. To each his own though how do they taste by the way. Out of curiosity how much meat is there all together( how many to get a decent meal)?

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Do they taste like chicken..?:crazy:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nevada: Whores and Poker!

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    umm... I dunno... personally I like robins in the yard and not on a supper-plate, but that is sure... ermm... interesting :confused2: I hope they don't taste like worms!! :eek:oooh:
    Thanks for sharin :lol:

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    hmmm that actually doesn't look too bad, never tried robins but now I should get a pellet gun...

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I reckon to each their own,but ummm,I don't think so! I'm like Hope,I kinda enjoy seein em in the yard! Too much of a traditional sign of spring for me!:waaaht: :baffle:

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    as a boy, robins were easy targets but the only birds we'd take back to eat were the occassional dove. what do they taste like?

8. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i love doves but robins? Even if they tasted good I just couldn't do it. I love being woke up by robinsong outside my window in the spring and summer.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I always thought Robins were a protected song bird:eek:oooh:. I have ate doves but never heard of anyone eating a song bird. I would have gotten a pretty good whoopin when I was a kid if I even thought about shooting at a song bird. All well like was said to each his own I guess.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, Things must be mighty tough in SC to have to eat robins!!! I know that killing them (for food or not) here in Ky, carries a hefty fine. I also thought that they were a protected species across the board.

11. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I have heard of people eating them, but I think I'll pass, I have eaten wild
    pidgeons, which were OK.

12. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    My cousins and I used to shoot them with pellet guns and clean them when I was about 8-10 years old. My aunt would cook them up and they were quite good, about like dove....don't remember that much of eating them, but fun to hunt down by the swamp!

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am forced to agree with Brother J.W.! And they are PROTECTED here in MO too!
    If things are that tough over there then maybe we need to think about putting a food package together for the man!????
    I'm sure I can come up with a few canned goods to send!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message!]]]]]

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds like a good idea.I had wondered why my cat eats them all the time...

15. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    here in s.c a lot of people eat robins. they taste like a black bird to me.I have never tried a dove, but they would I guess taste about the same. around here we always took birds for a table meal.its funny how things are so different from one state to another.hope I haven't offended anyone. by the way , has anyone ever tried a yellow hammer. this is a bird that roosts in the top of an old barn. we would use a flashlight and climb up in the top at night and catch them with our hands, sometimes we could get 3 or 4 from one barn.

16. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    That is a pretty cool pic. I never knew of anyone eating robin, but I guess I wouldn't mind trying now. I'd like to try those yellow hammers too lol.

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Well lil Steve, come WW3, it's gonna be you, Keith Richards, and cockroaches.......Nice to know life will go on. Made me think of Andy Griffifh, in "No time for Sargents" when he took the air force survival training and gained 5 lbs.
    :crazy:

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Quails and pheasants are for eating but I'd rather have chicken. :big_smile:

19. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    They taste like a cross between bald eagle and crane:tounge_out:

20. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    HA! I was going to post about the same thing, reps to ya brother.