Do you believe in the curse of the Mellon?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Jan 29, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here goes my story..I first met Brayn on a all Ohio fishing website appx 4 years ago...Before I met him I had had pretty good success fishing for big flatheads, I have a 50-lber, 2 40's and several 30 -lb fish, along with numerous fish in the 20-lb range to my credit..Brayn had seen my pictures and was all excited that he was gonna get to fish with a professional catfishermen, me!:rolleyes: Any way the first year we met we only got to fish once at we got skunked, the second year we fished together appx 10 times and took 10 skunkings.Our 3rd year fishing together yielded some success, a total of 25 flatheads between us, largest was my 25.5-lb fish...But we also took many skunkings that year..This is our 4th year of fishing together, and we have started it off with a skunking...Now before I fished with Brayn, I considered myself a decent catfisherman, very few skunkings throughout the years...So do you think that Mellon is cursed? Or did we just run into a bunch of bad lUCK;)

2. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    I don't know . Maybe it's you Jackson that carries the curse. Strange how DA KING !!! and Mellonhead BOTH have gone basically fishless since sharing bank space with you .....:p ...Gotta make ya think .....DA KING !!! :p

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jack,
    not many folks know but the F.B.I. has a secret Fisherman Protection Program. I think you may well qualify. They will relocate you and give you a new catfishing identity so that H2O will never find you...W

4. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    How about the curse of the Goatmeyer?

Nevermind.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You have been cursed by the Roaming Fishing Gnome, Sorry. There is only one way to shake this curse. You have to find him in his natural state(not in human form) and take off his hat, turn due north and toss it over your left shoulder into the Mighty Ohio. This should do the trick Jack, Good Luck, LMAO!!! But beware, angering this Gnome can be devastating to your catfishing abilities, He may turn you into a Bass Fisherman, and you would never know he did it,:) :)

Below is a picture of him in his natural state!!!

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The CURSE goes back farther than that. Everyone says it started when I spoke w/ CatKing on the phone. He helped my dad & I book a trip to the UP of MI for Pike. After that I went through a slow period. This was when I went from a Smallmouth Creek Wader to a "Cat Guy". I dont beleive this theory. I persoanally think that Ole CatKing hit the nail on the head: The Cure Carrier if you will is non other than Flathunter. You see it's not only me but many others. Catking, CWCarper (Kings son), Dip, Billy G, Catmazter, the list goes on & on. Flathunter has a disease, I am just trying to do my part in curing him.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    OH-No not the dreaded Mellon curse!!!!

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, did you say a slow period?????;)

9. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Mellon calls that a slow period ??? He probably thinks glaciers are fast moving then....:p ...............We just had a thunder storm move through our area .....:confused: .. Weird to say the least........... DA KING !!!

10. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Your too much dreadnaught. HE HE

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know Elvis, it sure does not seem like winter, we will probably get winter in spring:mad:

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You all have to retreat to the sho fin retreat and become one with the bait.
    Get the force with you.

Any way its hard for a cat to bite

When they are laughing at that hat. :)

13. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Maybe it could be the fishing attire,the pink stuff never worked around here,that maybe your problem.Make him regular camo while fishing.
    Ernie

Attached Files:

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Gotta get rid of the hat not the being.....

15. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Boys, I used to have "The mellon curse". i pulled a Gallager,

I smashed it with a sledgehammer. "SPLAT!"

16. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i dont think theres a curse at all! maybe they just spend way too much time doing the "male bonding" thing instead of fishing? as a matter of fact i do remember seeing mellon in a "gnome back mountain" photo somewhere........:D

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No Brokenback Mountain here.... I'm so straight I make a 2x4 look like a snake light!

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thats pretty good Bryan, hey dink i think i saw that photo too ;)

19. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

So can you still have a curse when you fish by your self????

Just a thought Jack.....just a thought......

Ray

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well Jack if I was you I would take Bryan Skunk hunting,that way if you end up with catfish the curse will be broken.Look at the positive side;with MELLONS help the two of you are elgible for the Ohio Fishing Conservationist of the Year Award.The statue just has a base with nothing on the top.I hear the Vice Presidency of PETA job is available.:)