Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Is bigfoot real

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
If I wanted to know about the existence of a critter in a given area I would talk to as many fur trappers as I could locate in that area. Their success relies on keen observation of things in the wild, a hunter may not notice an out of place cocklebur on a creek bank but a good trapper will notice it and check it for any fur on it to see what critter it came off of. I figure a man who can spot and ID a tiny mink track could surely spot a track left by a 400lb critter walking on two legs.
I gotta go with no, at least not in the area I live. Every year someone spots one in the Shawnee National Forest but of all the hundreds of deer hunters who hunt on the public land, most with cell phones I would think the odds of someone not getting a good, clear photo would be slim.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Every creature out there eventually dies- but no modern day Bigfoot bones have ever been found to my knowledge. That's a NO.
ive never found a dead bobcat in my 16 years of running through the woods....i know they frequent the area to.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
ive never found a dead bobcat in my 16 years of running through the woods....i know they frequent the area to.
You have a point. Now that you mention it I have never come across bobcat, coyote, or bear bones in the woods. Many deer skeletons though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ive found a couple bobcat skulls ...bears no ...I can assume alotta bobs probably die in dens ...unless something kills them on open ground ....probably not to likely I suppose . I imagine with a bear ...theres probability someone.could beat you to the.find ..or rodents ...Bear and bobcat densities by no means compare with densities of deer per square mile in the same equation ...Now say ..you lived in Canada ...Nova Scotia ..Kodiak or Anticosta island ..might find a ole bear mug easier lol

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Porcupines and squirrel and probably other rodents will gnaw the bones of dead animals until they are gone. Don't know why. I've never seen or heard of porkies in my area but I have seen the gnawed deer bones squirrels have left behind. There is an abandoned truck battery about two miles up the mountain in the woods that some critter or another has gnawed the posts clean off. Again, why? It's a mystery. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’d believe there’s a living Bigfoot before I’d trust a politician ha! The story had to of started somewhere but there’s no way there’s a living Bigfoot in America today and we not have proof at this point
My opinion is it’s like the “Volkswagen sized catfish under the dam” at every reservoir - stories grow with time .
Really...where I live the fish is as big as a school bus...LOL...LOL...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I have seen him while I was turkey hunting this spring in Oregon IL please please stay out of the State Forest for your own safety you have been warned think of your Children
Words of wisdom brother.by the way, for safety sake, everyone should steer WAY CLEAR of the persimmon tree I hunt. There's an angry mob of them sasquatch in the woods around it!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,047 Posts
Porcupines and squirrel and probably other rodents will gnaw the bones of dead animals until they are gone. Don't know why. I've never seen or heard of porkies in my area but I have seen the gnawed deer bones squirrels have left behind. There is an abandoned truck battery about two miles up the mountain in the woods that some critter or another has gnawed the posts clean off. Again, why? It's a mystery. :)
Neill, here is why animals eat bones of other animals

What Minerals Are Found in Bone Tissue?

• Calcium and Phosphorus. Calcium is known as the bone-building mineral, but it doesn't work alone. Your bones also...
  • Magnesium. A little more than half of your body’s magnesium is located in your bones, although it only represents about...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts