Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Is bigfoot real

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’d believe there’s a living Bigfoot before I’d trust a politician ha! The story had to of started somewhere but there’s no way there’s a living Bigfoot in America today and we not have proof at this point
My opinion is it’s like the “Volkswagen sized catfish under the dam” at every reservoir - stories grow with time .

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well....he was spotted at Summersville Lake WV a month or so ago ..or she ...lol....I dunno ...It definitely avoids anyone with a gun that has the mind to shoot it lol..If it does exist it probably has a fairly high survival intellect ..I really dont know ..As with aliens ....never seen one ...dont mean it dont exists ...Say a person believes in God ...or a higher deity of some sort . Man was created after dinosaurs according to whatever accuracy carbon dating has ...What all lives at the depths of the sea ??? The rain forests ?? I dunno ...Sometimes I feel I know a fair amount about this that and the other ...at other times such questions could humble any man ...and that's ...the rest .....of the story ....😉

·
Registered
Tyler from Indiana
203 Posts
I do enjoy watching programs about cryptozoology, extraterrestrial life, and the paranormal. But I gotta say I’m extremely skeptical that Bigfoot is living in the US or any modern part of the world. I love the stories but I believe they are just stories. I even wear Bigfoot T-shirts and have a Bigfoot sign hanging in the garage.
World Font Wood Rectangle Line

This is the rifle I take with me when I go Bigfoot hunting. It’s a single shot .22 that hasn’t been fired since I was in the Boy Scouts back in the early 90’s. So as you can tell I’m really worried that one will sneak up on me.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,133 Posts
There are a lot of creatures in the world that no one has actual proof of: Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness "Monster", dragons, Fairies, the aforementioned VW size catfish, an honest used car salesman, a truthful politician... heck, the list could go on.
The last three above are the only ones that I personally don't believe exist.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Okay, I'll weigh in. When i first started hearing about these boogers I was just a lad and legend had it they roamed the deep woods of the Pacific Northwest. Now there is a TV show that would convince you they are everywhere in North America. I remain skeptical.
My first argument is based on human nature. In particular red neck nature. I know red necks, I are one. In these places folks claim to see them they "think" that humans are rarely there. In reality, those woods have human visitors all the time and many of them are armed. I believe that if a good old boy saw one and was absolutely sure he wasn't looking at a human he would bag it and haul it into town for folks to have a look. That hasn't happened.
Secondly, and this just goes for my neck of the woods, There isn't a hill or hollow in this county and the surrounding counties that I have not hiked over or through in the last 40 years. I've never seen anything to convince me there is a huge bipedal creature living there. I have on many occasions seen cougars which game and fish denied existed in these hills. Every one I saw was brown not black as local folklore has it. But that is another discussion.
I have on many occasion came across skinny black bears that stood on their hind legs for a better look at me. Had it been real brushy I might have thought it was a Bigfoot.
I hate to ever say never so I'm still on the lookout for one. I hope we can make friends so I can get a selfie to post on here.

Edited to include R-E-D-N-E-C-K

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,133 Posts
Okay, I'll weigh in. When i first started hearing about these boogers I was just a lad and legend had it they roamed the deep woods of the Pacific Northwest. Now there is a TV show that would convince you they are everywhere in North America. I remain skeptical.
My first argument is based on human nature. In particular *** nature. I know ****, I are one. In these places folks claim to see them they "think" that humans are rarely there. In reality, those woods have human visitors all the time and many of them are armed. I believe that if a good old boy saw one and was absolutely sure he wasn't looking at a human he would bag it and haul it into town for folks to have a look. That hasn't happened.
Secondly, and this just goes for my neck of the woods, There isn't a hill or hollow in this county and the surrounding counties that I have not hiked over or through in the last 40 years. I've never seen anything to convince me there is a huge bipedal creature living there. I have on many occasions seen cougars which game and fish denied existed in these hills. Every one I saw was brown not black as local folklore has it. But that is another discussion.
I have on many occasion came across skinny black bears that stood on their hind legs for a better look at me. Had it been real brushy I might have thought it was a Bigfoot.
I hate to ever say never so I'm still on the lookout for one. I hope we can make friends so I can get a selfie to post on here.

The word edited out was R-E-D-N-E-C-K
When I try to use the R word, and the system turns it to stars, I make two words out of it. Red neck.

This past Winter, I saw a commercial on TV. A Progressive Insurance ad, I think it was.
Flo talking to one of the tall hairy fellas. She calls him Bigfoot.
He looks at his feet and says,"My name is Daryl."
First time I saw it, I laughed for 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts