Do ya use a trolling motor?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by justwannano, Feb 7, 2007.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Well thats about it.
    Do you use a trolling motor on your catfishing boat?
    Tell us about your boat.
    Are cats your main target species?

Myself I don't have a trolling motor. Been thinking about it but it won't be for a while if at all.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes I do use one.
    AS for me. I would leave without bait, But not without a trolling motor.
    But I drift fish and control the drift using the trolling motor in the current.
    Or wind or on the lake. I can control the boat better and follow a drift pattern better with one.
    Pete

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ooooooh yes.

I have to have one. :lol: Probably 80% of my fish are caught using the trolling motor. They are a very valuble tool when drifting and you have to have one to troll.

4. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I dont leave home without it, the trolling motor has saved my butt, more than a few times. LOL

5. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yes i do. it's easy to control my boat. and I also do trotline, I need trolling motor for that too..

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I was looking at some neat ones made for pontoons. There is one on the rear of each pontoon that electrically fold down into the water for use.
    Pricey!
    I first saw some of a similar type that are widely used on flats boats in Florida and some double as trim tabs.

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Use mine most of the time, probably 70 to 80 percent. One way I use mine that I don't see a lot folks doing , long anchor rope, then use the trolling motor to move the boat from side to side. I can fish 3 different spots on one anchor drop.

8. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I trolling motor is a must!! I use it all the time for running lines and for pole fishing. I use a bow mount hand control. I foot control will would not do for how I use it.

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with Pete whole heartly!
    Bill

10. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    They are great for control drifts.

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea I use trolling motor(s). That was the first thing I got for my ole 12' semi vee boat. Mounted on the back was not the place for it and so I made a mount for the front for the transom bracket.... Later I got a second one for the back of the boat. I always have two on my boats and use them for controlled drifting in lakes and rivers.

bayrunner ray

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    If you are fishin by your self, and you have to chase a fish down, a good trollin motor can't be beat.