Do ya ever stop and........

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by Big Sam, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Do ya ever stop and THINK before ya go to grab that cast-net you see hung up that someone has lost on a snag?:eek:oooh: I was going after shad at Clarksville yesterday evening under the river bridge. The acess road underneath was back under water again:wink::smile2: Any way i figured i could manage a few throwin around the bank & i did:big_smile: This man comes down and throws his net by some weeds and gets hung. I had my flops and shorts on so i was gonna wade and get it for him no biggie 2-3ft deep at most. On my way i saw a snake:wink::eek:oooh: then another:smile2: & another. So i ditched the idea of getting his net. Anyway on the way back in i saw a net that was torn and hung up. My brain says " lots of lead on there to be melted=get net". Glad it had a rope on it still. Started pulling it in it came loose it was FULL of SNAKES!!!!!!!! 5 water-moccasins & 5 nasty copper-heads @#$%$# was what i said!!!! There was 3 dead shad in the net they were after. They got in and couldnt get out. Dont worry i sent them to animal-heaven quickly!!! Just think how many times we reach in the water to score that lead off those dudes. Just something to think about folks.

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i wish i hadnt clicked on your post. i am the worlds worst about saving old nets from snags-bobbers and lures from trees-and have even swam down to un-hang my anchor from tree roots a few times. im not generally too woried about snakes or gators, but ya do have me thinkin'. maybe i am gettin a lil too grown up to be a cheap skate.

3. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I wouldve been pronounced dead at the scene from a heart attack:embarassed:

4. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well mine did "FLUTTER" just a tad:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: I forgot what does everyone think the "odds" are of bringing in an old throw net with 10 snakes no doubt in it and EVERYONE of them is poisionous:eek:oooh::smile2: gotta be a billion to 1 at least.:tounge_out:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sam after reading your post I will continue to buy my nets and leave the recovery to someone else.:smile2:

6. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Thanks,
    Couldn't sleep, thought I would get up, read a few posts tnan try to get some shut-eye. Now I will be dreaming about your snakes you found....YUK!!!
    :crazy::crazy:

BE SAFE

Linda

7. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Come to think of it Linda i guess after reading this thread it can create a "visual". :eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2:

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Man oh man, that is just crazy. Glad you made it to tell the tale.

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The "Heck" of the whole deal is saturday we went out in the boat fishing & i spotted another net hung-up just barely showing:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink: Naw i left it there!!!!:smile2:

10. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    that just gives me chill thinkin about that. i hate snakes:embarassed:

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Never stopped & thought bout it, I've gone after several nets before, but no surprises!!yet........:eek:oooh:

12. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    :0a27: