Do u have a job and still night fish I need help convincing my mom lol!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by whiskerchaser, Jun 16, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hi ya guys I was wondering if any of u guys have jobs that u have to wake up early in the morning but still go night fishing. I need help convincing my mom cuz I ask her to take me and she says no I have to get up in the morning.:roll_eyes:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dont go all night, just until midnight or so.

No matter what, respect what mom says, like mine always told me. She brought me in to this world and she can take me out. LMAO

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Always listen to your mother. that being said. I work 10am-6 pm working in a call center. and I'll go nite fishing and leave about 11pm/midnight to go home. this is easy for me since I've always been a nite owl, my wife who works an earlier shift then I, doesnt handle staying out that late unless shes off of work the following day.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I worked day shift I would not night fish, only on my days off..I could not get up.

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Fishing the night before you have to work in the morning isn't always a good idea. Try to plan you trips accordingly if you can, because if you don't give yourself time for the worst to happen, the worst will happen.

Also, I try not to fish with a timeframe. I'm out there to relax, and watches and schedules just don't mix in when I'm fishing.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nothin I can add to whats been said other than your time will come.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here you go............say

Mom I have given some thought to your concern about me not getting enough rest for work and I believe you are right however if you would help me check it out I would like to try going early and not staying so late to see if I can handle it without work suffering, Heck mom we could have our meal on the river. What do you say mom,lets give it a try.

Sounds good, maybe it will work.

Or

Mom will say LOL good try.

8. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I run a full time machine shop and night fish alot. I only stay till about 10pm durring the week. On the weekends I stay all night. It's not fun at all trying to work when you are dead tired. I know if one of the employes in my shop came in late and tired every other day it would effect the shops income and I would be having a word with him. All I can say is,,,know your priorities, know when it's time to work and time to have fun. I would go fishing right after work and be home for dinner and be in bed on time like mom says. Make best of both worlds.

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I work 7 am to 4 pm during the week. I might go fishing during the week after work, but I will almost always leave by 8:30 or 9:00.

During the weekend is a totally different story though.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I must be lucky Because I work nights and have a very understanding wife that lets me fish almost whenever. as for mom I got lucky there too she was a great fisherwoman but school and work were always #1 in her book, dads too.

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I went out till 9 last night but got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for work. I normally stay up till about 11 each night so it doesn't matter to much if I fish for awhile at night. The only thing is anymore it's not really safe for someone to fish by themselves, plus I am dissabled so the wife likes me to be with somebody. She's probably got a point there but it doesn't bother me to go sit out by myself, but to make her happy I don't night fish by myself, but do when I go out during the day. It's your mom's job to watch over you and try to make everything great for you, mother's love.

12. whichrod

whichrod New Member

State:
    columbia sc
    every once in awhile its okay to stay out late but remember having a wallet full of catfish wont pay the light bill it will just stink up the place

13. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I work 12 hour days, so night fishing on the days I work isn't a great idea for me. The good thing is that since I work long shifts I get more days off, so I do all of my night fishing on my days off. I know not everyone has that option but it works well for me.

14. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    alright thanks for your opinion guys I decided ya I better respect her so she said she would take me once a week on saturday cuz she doesnt work on sunday. Thanks guys.:smile2:

15. mudman

mudman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I know how you fell my mom takes me fishing when she feels like it.

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Definitely don't stay out all night. A lot of the time Mom's know what they are talking about, but it would be good if you could get her to let you stay out a while.

17. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I do the night fishing ocasionaly myself but I always regret it the next day. I have to be at work at 5am and I usually don't get off till around 7pm that evening. We usually tell ourselves (buddy I work with) when we go fishing that we're going to leave at dark but when the fish are biting good, it's hard to just leave. Then if you bring some home you still have to clean them. I usually get about three hours of sleep after that and then I'm heading back to work with a large cup of coffee covered with sugar. It sucks but I don't really have a choice because of my work schedule. I work six days a week all the time and average anywhere from 13-14 hours a day.

18. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hi guys i think some of u miss understood me I dont work i was quoting wat she tells me she works.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LOL!!! I like the fact you cleared that up!!

I am sure you mom wants to give 100% at work, as she should, and this means that she needs to get her rest. Thats is understandable.

You may be able to strike a compromise and get her to take you out for a few hours, but I bet it would help if you busted your tail doing some chores for a few days around the house so she does not have to.

20. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    I work the average 7-4 dayjob Monday thru Friday. Even on my days off the latest I'm out is 1-2 am. I try to stay out only a couple hours after my usual bedtime or getting up a couple hours early and going out. This is on days off only.