Do they make a Cast net launcher?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 1sporticus, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I need a castnet launcher. I am unable to throw a castnet, due to medical reasons. So I would like to find a launcher, or something that would work. My son generally throws one for me, but he has discovered girls, and now he's ruined, a whole other story. So I need to figure out a way to get my bait by myself. Any help would be appreciated.
    Later Andy

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ever heard of a potato gun. LOL
    Dang skeet thrower might work.
    I would think there be a net launcher out there some where.. I just dont know where. Maybe Cabela's

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Walmart sells one that comes with some kind of thrower. I've never seen it used and don't know anyone that has tried it but it might be worth looking at. It's a 5 ft. mono net.

4. GIZMOTDOG1

GIZMOTDOG1 New Member

State:
    ILL.
    Im not qware of any type of thrower eather,,I am fimiliar with the net walmart sells..It has a aprox 12in dia. ring at the top end and throws like a frizbe....I think they make a 4,5,6 ft models,,I have the 6ft one and it's heavy after a couple of throws...but it does work nice...I can't rember the manufacture....Try and teach your son girlfrind to throw the net !!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Oh Christine where art though.:big_smile:
    Seriously I have never heard of a net thrower.I need one of them myself.:roll_eyes:If you find one anywhere please let the rest of us know.

6. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Andy
    Well I think you came up with a great money making idea. I have a heck of a time throwing my net. I would sure be interested in a gismo that would pitch that net out there good. Put your thinking hat on and invent us something. Get rich and solve our throwing problem too. Luck

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ANDY CALL ME....ANYTHING TO GET AWAY FROM THEE OLE LADY

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :big_smile_2:REALY....I HAVE DISCOVERED GIRLS TOO......I LIVE WITH A HOUSE FULL...........

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    PLEASE CALL ME I WILL BE GLAD TO GET YOU BAIT IF YOU DRIVE(i dont have a licence) WOMEN/GIRLS.......HOUSE FULL INCLUDING THE DOG I AM BEGGIN YOU MAN....:haha::beat_brick::dribble::beat_shot::embarrassed_2::surrender::that_hurt::beated::too_sad::too_sad::tire::boss:

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've never heard of a thrower for a cast net, but the theory has to be workable, because they make a net thrower for law enforcement. Now that net doesn't have lead weights on it, or at least I don't think it has, but that shouldn't present an insurmountable problem. I think the big problem is going to be expense.

If you have access to a concrete wall where shad frequently run, You can make a shad basket out of 1/2" hardware cloth, and weight it as necessary to keep it from being swept away in the current.

Another possibility might be using a dip net made for shad. It has a long handle, and a net made of 1/2" hardware cloth.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Not sure if this will help you any but I found this at the cabela's website.
    http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0036937018355a.shtml

It has a couple of different things to look at. The frisbe thing and another green thing that you put your castnet on.

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bought a castnet yesterday (wally world spayshul)... threw it around a little bit...

Have decided I need a net thrower, too...
    *sigh*

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I couldn't throw one this last spring, now I can. Just takes practice. I can throw it out 100 times now and not tire out. It's hard work when you do it wrong. Simple when you do it right.

Practice, practice, practice!:big_smile:

14. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    that would be handy to have a launcher

15. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    it looks as if someone is trying to come up with a castnet thrower. Thanks Benji for showing me the Cabella's site. I hadn't thought of looking there yet. Now then has anyone tried any of these items? Later Andy

16. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm going to keep practicing with it all winter long... maybe I'll be able to throw it by this spring! :big_smile:

17. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ever been to a ball game or concert where a guy goes around and shoots t-shirts into the audiance with a propane powered gun type of thing.
    I bet if you could tone down the distance on one of those it would work.

18. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    they sell a small net that is weighted to tow behind you boat they work wonderful from what ive heard no need to throw just tow at idle speed and ull have all the bait you need. i used to have a link to them i will look for it again.
    http://www.texastastes.com/p138.htm here u go!!!

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Tom, that's called a shad trawl, and there's recently been some discussion about how well they work. I've never had any luck with mine, and no one who posted said that they had had any luck with one. Save your money.

20. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i bet if u told him to go get bait before he can go out w/her u would have enuf for the whole year!!!:smile2: