Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
What ever you do, DONT put that stuff in there, it will fix the problem for a short time then it will screw up your system. We had to work on a car one day that had that stuff in it, and the bill was more than what the car was worth, just for a small hole in a line. i would find the leak and fix it right so you dont end up wasting your money.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Are you talking about the R134A? I've used the stop leak, leak detector, oil charge and the freon with good results.
Back when I used to work for Wally-World they had a bunch of $30-$40 kits for $5 and under. I bought a bunch of all of it and have used it on several cars. My personal experience is it'll work but like said before for a permanent forever fix you need to replace the O-Rings, Gaskets or whatever is leaking it off.
The Stop-Leak sometimes works better than others, depending on the severity of the leak.

Hope this helped some...:wink::big_smile:

·
Registered
955 Posts
I will shamefully say i've used it :embarassed:. It must've been a pretty small leak in my system though, cause once we put some more R134 in, it cooled like a champ all summer. I know its not apermanent fix, but its what i could afford at the time. If it stops working, i'll just roll the windows down. I usually dont use the AC anyway, but when my wife's in my truck she wants in cool, and she's easier to get along with when she's cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.