DO NOT EAT

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by recordbreakin1, May 25, 2009.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    GUYS I BOUGHT SOME TALAPIA FROM WALLY WORLD THE OTHER DAY AND COOK IT TONIGHT.I PUT IT IN BUTTER S&P AND LEMON JUICE AND COOK IT ON THE GEORGE FORMAN GRILL.IT HAD A REAL BAD OLD FISH SMELL WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE PACAGE AND IT DIDN'T GET ANY BETTER WHEN I COOKED IT.MADE ME AND THE WIFE PRETTY SICK.IT MIGHT BE THIS BAG THAT I GOT BUT KEEP A LOOK OUT IF YOU GET A BAG.

2. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Every time I hear about that fish I think of the swarm of them at the rear end of a Hippo in Africa

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    now jesse ya know we go fishin and dont catch much but thats besides the point lol store bought = bad fresh =great

4. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    I stopped buying fish at wallyworld and sams's club. Most if not all of it is farm raised....in China! Now they can't make or sell toys, pet food, baby formula, etc from China without including some chemical or poison that doesn't belong in it so it goes without saying I'm not gonna trust them with my fish! Everytime I try to buy fish I check to see the country of origin and if it says China, they can keep it. We have plenty of catfish farms in the southeast so we don't have to buy from foreigners. It might be a little more expensive than China but when it comes to food safety and taste, I will gladly pay the difference. Besides, something about buying american just busts my buttons.

:cool2:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We NEVER buy vegetables unless they say, Product of the USA. Krogers and Walmart have a lot of stuff from Mexico.

6. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    After seeing the episode of Dirty Jobs where they where using the TALAPIA to clean the waist of the farm reaised stripers I wont go near it,,, poop eating fish,:eek:oooh:, I will stick to what I catch...:wink:
    Puddle

7. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    China talapia farmers and hog farmers are pretty much one and the same. They raise talapias off the cesspools from the hog farms. That's fact.

This is hearsay that I picked up somewhere: California and Mexico both raise talapia in waste treatment plants. They're supposed to help clean the treatment tanks and then have the extra benefit of then being able to sell the fish. I really couldn't see the FDA letting this go on, but if the right dollar hit the right pocket, guess it could happen.

I, myself, just don't eat talapia. But I do eat catfish, so go figure.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    MAN! I thought this thread was going to be about yellow snow.
    smokey

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We had bought some breaded Tallapia from W-Mart last year, it smelled so bad cooking it that we just threw it in the trash. Never again. If it dont smell like something to eat, I aint eatin it.