DO IT RITE

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by BIG GEORGE, Feb 23, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Several of us are gettin the itch to get out and catch some cats. The boat has been covered all winter and has been exposed to the elements for a while now. When ya get ready to uncover it take the time to check things out and avoid "DRAMA" on that first trip out. First pack the cover away and all the tie downs together and dry in a place ya will remember where its at for next year. Inspect the boat for any obvious signs of winter damage. This includes the trailer as well. Them tires have been sittin in the same spot for quite some time. Check the steering to insure that it moves freely and has no leaks or seal problems. A nice shot of fresh grease in all your fittings is a good idea. Make sure when ya reinstall the battery that ya have been takein care of all winter has a good charge and all your connections are tite and rite. Seein how ya put fuel stabilizer in the fuel ya should'nt have any problems there. Now put the ears on that motor and fire it up and run it through its paces. Its much better to find engine problems in the driveway than it is on the water. LOL! Insure that all the little things are taken care of. Make sure your tie downs are functioning properly as well as the winch on the trailer. Proper air pressure in the trailer tires is also important. Give all the gear that ya keep on the boat a good once over and make sure it is functional. Now get your butts out on the water and have a great 2007!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Only thing I didn't see ya mention was to check, double check, and triple check to make sure you have the plug on board.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats all good info george but im ahead of the game my boat has been out all winter and used quite frequently :lol: atleast once a week , i do need to clean it out tho been to cold to pick the mountian dew cans out and the frozen baitfish out from under the false floor , be happy to do that before the stinch gets bad :lol:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ain't got that luxory Charles. The ice breaker feature on my boat don't work. LOL!

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That's good advice George.
    I guarantee as soon as the weather warms up a bit there will be a lot of boats getting towed in or blocking up the ramps because they won't start...W

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Have been using mine some so I don't have the problem.
    Plann on going again tomorrow.
    ICE ?? SNOW??
    You guys gotta be TOUGH!!! BRRRrrr!:lol: