Do I have to reregister my boat?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by LONE STAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Good evening ladie and gentleman from Jacksonville NC. I have a question about reregistering my boat. I am in the military and getting station in Yuma in August. I just boat my boat about 4 months ago and just registered my boat for the next three years. So it's good until 2011 and i'm wondering if I'm going to have to get it registered in Arizona only to have to lose out on $60 bucks for registering it here. Any info is good info and thanks in advance.

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Check the following sight. www.azgfd.com/

I am not sure but I would think that tags are non-transferrable from state to state. Have you checked locally to see if they will give you a refund since you will be moving?

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i went through the same thing when i moved from ca to yuma. yes on registering in az. boat isn't bad, but trailer is kinda high. advantage is trailor is lifetime if stay in az.
    gary

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Joe,
    welcome to the BOC fron So.Alabama

5. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

:wink: Good looking out on the website. I will check it out and as well as the marina where I got it registered. Thanks again and happy :0a23:

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I am pretty sure that if your stay in AZ is temporary, you do not need to re-register..

* I would check the regs though, or maybe give the AZGFD a call, they are usualy very helpful..

Thanks~

7. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

AZflats would you happen to have a contact number? Thanks for your time

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    number given to contact is in phoenix. 602-942-3000.
    let us know what you find out will you?gary

9. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

Thanks a lot Gary I will have to give it a call tomorrow no one seems to answer, however I'm that much more closer now that I have that number. Happy fishing to you.

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments"

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Why not just drop in on your post/base legal office and ask them. Normally, service members can operate vehicles with their home state operators permits, drive vehicles with the HOR address. I think, but I'm not sure, that the same logic follows through on boats. But, there should be some place on base you can get your answer. Maybe the Provost Marshall's office. Maybe the JAG's office, but there is an office somewhere with that answer. I always found it cheaper to register my boats in the state I was in... they were all cheaper than Oklahoma's tags. LOL

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    dont know...here if you dont have a motor i dont think you have too

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hmmmm? that's a thought. forgot about the home state thing. you should check into that. i knowyour car gets registered in state living sometimes, but don't have to pay tax. i had to register in each state, but was cheap. drivers licence was what i kept.
    gary

13. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    Do I need to register my boat in Arizona?
    Watercraft used primarily in Arizona must be registered here. Vessels registered in another state or country may operate on Arizona waters for 90 consecutive days before Arizona registration and numbering are required. After that, any watercraft that uses gas or electric motors must be registered in Arizona. If it uses paddle, oars and sail only, it does not need to be registered. Learn more about boating regulations at the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Web site at azgfd.gov/watercraft.

14. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    There you go Joe... You got 90 days of fishing before you need to register it in AZ... How long will you be here in AZ...
    ~A

15. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    when i moved here, i forgot about the boat. was here a lot longer. when i went in to register boat and trailor, i told them i'd left it in ca and just brought it down a few months before. :embarassed: they weren't worried about it.
    gary

16. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    AZ seems like it's that time in my carrier where the Corps decided to move me PCS(Permanent Change Station) I'll be there for at least the next 3 years.

17. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC

Here is a question you said 90 days consecutive operating on AZ waters must be registered. That means I would have to be fishing everday for 90 days or at least on the water right? Well if that's the case I know for sure do to my job I won't have the time to do everyday as much as I would like to be.

18. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    you're getting picky now joe. LOL. that's 90 days from day you move into az. heck, keep your mouth shut awhile and after awhile, tell them you finally went back and got the boat and brought it out. shhhhhh! i didn't say this though.:wink:
    gary

19. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC