Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering instead of using a treble hook could I use a double action circle hook with a team catfish furry thing for Danny kings punch bait instead. Just a plain treble hook
Yellow Wire Fashion accessory Jewellery Finger

·
Registered
255 Posts
I’ve tried it. I even bought the ones from Team Catfish with the circle hooks. It missed every fish that hit, the furry thang slides down and fills the hook gap. There has to be a way to make it work, I’m still trying to find it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If your punch bait is real sticky it will work, if its mostly fiber then it wont hold too well to that. I also tried double action hooks and dip bait back when I mostly used dip baits and I never got them to work. I think I hooked a couple fish, but missed every fish that didnt swallow it and run. I would be able to set the hook and stick 20 times more fish with a super sharp #6 treble.

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
6,381 Posts
instead of sliding it on the hook turn it sideways and run the hook thru the middle of the furry thang......so it sets horizontal just under the barb ......less movement better hook up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.