Do a rain dance!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by loki1982, Jul 30, 2006.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well last I checked(2 weeks ago) most of our boat ramps have closed. Texas parks and wildlife puts the lake at 8 1/2 foot low. I am probably unable, and definitely unwilling to put my boat in as it is now. Dance for some rain!!!

Unfortunitely unless we get some rain I am not going to be doing any fishing. I just dont have luck bank fishing this time of the year.

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I am with you. Last rain we got (and this was in over a month) was a little bit of a drizzle that might have added an inch to the ground. The past few years seem to be in a drought season. Its kind of amazing since back in '93 my house was flooded almost to the front door, which is a good 14 inches off of the ground. Kind of weird how mother nature can decide what goes on that fast.

3. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yep 2 summer ago, maybe 3 I lost count we had a tremendous amount of rain and my local lake was up about 8 feet over the course of a month. All the crappie houses rose up, and about half lost there docks/bridges. Just hoping for some rain, I dont really mind the heat, I can go fishing at night, but without rain I cant even put in. If its down to one ramp like last year, there was a 1 hour wait to put your boat in, and 2 hour wait to get it out. That was about the worst trip we had, we didnt catch anything then had to wait for about 35 people to put in/pull out.

4. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    down here in georgia we had a little rain but we need a lot more (bad):crazy:

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :0a27: :0a27: :0a27: :007: :007: :007: rain rain rain rain rain:007: :007: :007:

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Maybe the dancing thing is more and more practice until you get it right. I'm thinking the entire midwest is in a drought situation, I'd give the rain dance a try, but I aint got no rhythum, just blues. Sure wish it'd rain. Later Andy

7. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    We are in the same boat here in central ans southern Oklahoma.At T-Bird there is only 3 out of 9 ramps that are open and the lake is about six feet low.I sure wish it would rain.

8. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    been raining here about once a week in virginia..wished i could send ya'll some

9. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    If it helps someone fish I will do a rain dance for you! Though I don't know if I am qualified:lol: Seriously I hope you gat enough to keep you fishing!

10. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ive decided this weekend im going to go to our dam. I have never, and I mean never caught anything to speak of at it. But its the only access to water deeper than 8-10 foot I have. I havent fished the last 2 weekends and Im really wanting to go.

A co-worker sent me a funny email today though. It was titled "Cold front on Friday". It was a picture of our 5 day forecast mon: 99, Tues: 99, Wed : 99, Thursday : 99, Friday : 98

11. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    I wish you could too, I'd sure take it if you could. Thanks for the thought, everything here is low and with this heat I keep expecting to see boiled fish and crawdads pop to the top. I guess that would'nt be all bad but, dang I could stand some relief!