Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,296 Posts
Bill, are you saying for an adult (without lifetime lic), when fishing Ok City water, it cost an additional $5 a day? That would get expensive. And if you do need permit, how, where and when do you pay?
I think permits can be bought wherever you can buy bait.

AND, without required permits, lakes close at 11pm.

Reactions: D schuerenberg

·
Registered
Jon from Indiana
1,509 Posts
That would be cool if they gave a list of different projects we could vote on to see where we would like our money going towards.

I would like my fundings to go towards a few more public boat ramps on the river. Not many just a few.

I think it would be interesting to see how much, aside from obtaining the property, it cost to build a boat ramp on the river.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,296 Posts
That would be cool if they gave a list of different projects we could vote on to see where we would like our money going towards.

I would like my fundings to go towards a few more public boat ramps on the river. Not many just a few.

I think it would be interesting to see how much, aside from obtaining the property, it cost to build a boat ramp on the river.
Actually, the only thing I've seen that could be said to have been funded by license/permit fees is that they have blocked vehicle access to certain areas.
Cables and concrete blocks, blocking access to some areas. Locked gates blocking access to others.

I don't see where any road maintenance has been done. I've never seen a truck at any of the lakes, stocking the with fish.

It looks to me like they will eventually have access to Lake Overholser completely blocked off, so that all a person can do is drive around it and look at it.

·
Registered
Jon from Indiana
1,509 Posts
Thats too bad truckgpa, sounds discouraging. Hopefully that dosen't happen, I know you like fishing there.

Each year in our rule and regulation booklet it seems they usually have an article about making some fish habitat in a reservoir or a study on a certain fish or something about public access. Im assuming thats where some of our funds go towards.

We also have some ponds that get stocked with rainbow trout yearly, I'm sure those cost a pretty penny. I've been buying the trout/salmon stamp on my license (need it to legally fish for them and keep) for a few years now but no luck. They are good eating and i hear good bait.

And yeah theres plenty we dont see. It would be nice to have access to see where every dollar went. They should do a yearly report about it and post it online.

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
1,296 Posts
That's one thing the state doesn't do in Oklahoma, Jon.
With all their license and permit fees, I
don't ever remember seeing a public posting of what they actually do with the revenue raised.
Two years ago HB3899 was introduced to change Oklahoma from a "single license plate" to double. I'm sure, if it is passed, the price will go up. Considering the fact that making two each will cost more than making one.
I'm just wondering, how long will it take to get everyone compliant.
In the last couple of months, they have changed the policy of, " ...if you have a vanity plate, regular plate must also be kept current and must be kept in the vehicle..." to, "...the two plates are 'merged'. Only the vanity plate is required."
The price of my Amateur Radio callsign plate went up from $8.00 per year to $10.50 per year.
On top of that, something I never understood, the plates in my category have been issued as two plates for years. Though law enforcement has never actually required the front plate be displayed.

We'll see what decision they come to.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.