Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,689 Posts
Stacee,
Fees and taxes are always controversial, but they need to pay for the services rendered. In Arkansas, G&F has always been supported strictly from license sales, while states with a sales tax or other source are able to spend a lot more on enforcement and site management, leading to more and better opportunities.
The key question is: are you getting a good bang for your buck?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
kansas takes most of there fish and game permit money and spends it on other stuff.....its sad really.

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,657 Posts
Mississippi uses it's funds for state park improvement and renovation, survey grants, fish stocking and such. I think they are doing a great job showing returns for our money we put in. I don't always agree with everything they do but it is not hard to see that they are managing the funds well.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
I feel really bad that I get to fish for free these past 8 years. That is why I baby them so much while bringing them in, pamper them while they are in the boat and release them them in excellent health. It is the least I can do.

chuckle

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
Glad IN. lets its' old folks fish for free. IL. used to waive the fishing license requirement when one reached, I think 65 but that has changed, while seniors do get a discount it is no longer without cost. I do think we still let those who haven't reached their 16th birthday fish cost free though.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
Old fart Hoosiers have a choice. They can pay $3.00 each year after age 64 OR pay the normal annual rate ($17.00) one time for a life time license. Just keep the paper license that year and have your drivers license with you. Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
Ever changing at the moment! I’m quickly becoming a TWC and whisker seeker fan though.
47 Posts
I absolutely hate taxes and permit fees (lord knows we all pay to many taxes already) however I understand that hunting/fishing permits pay for public access and conservation but it would be nice if we had more of a say so in matters. I wished they would do more surveys and give the public a more frequent and easier way to voice their opinion on matters after all it is our dollars their spending it’s nice to know where it all is spent.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,689 Posts
In Arkansas the fee has been 35.50 for combination license all my adult life if memory serves me right. I have paid it every year and many of those years never wet a line or took a shot. Next year I pay it for the last time for life. I won't feel a bit of guilt. :)

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,392 Posts
In Utah I pay $34 if I pay on time or $33 if I pay a day or more early from it expiring. That includes a 2 rod permit that it use to not. So they raised it $10 and gave everyone that luxury whether they wanted it or not. Kids are up to age 12 them they are $12 till age 16 or 18 at which point they are $34. I'm not sure if Utah has an old age discount or not.

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,392 Posts
We prefer a Senior discount or maybe an Experience discount. Haha

tight lines
Tom I went through a senior moment and couldn't think of the verbage lol. That is why it's not good to type late at night, besides going cross eyed I can't think of what to say......

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,392 Posts
I'd pay another 23 dollars to use another rod.
Stacee I actually found out about the second rod on the new fees when I went to purchase a second rod permit and they said that things had changed....I was pleasantly surprised and annoyed that they didn't post something about it. They said they knew word of mouth would get out.....really

·
Premium Member
Bill, in OkC
724 Posts
Old fart Hoosiers have a choice. They can pay $3.00 each year after age 64 OR pay the normal annual rate ($17.00) one time for a life time license. Just keep the paper license that year and have your drivers license with you. Not a bad deal.
Here in OK., a lifetime license can be bought by anyone.
Mine, at age 68, was $20 + $5 for a more permanent version. It's plastic, like a credit card.
Younger folks, age 16 +, the lifetime license is around $750.
Also, to fish OkC waters, you need a permit. It's around $5.00 per day. Unless you have lifetime senior license. That being the case, you don't need a permit.
Youngsters, under 16, don't need either, license or permit.

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
Bill, are you saying for an adult (without lifetime lic), when fishing Ok City water, it cost an additional $5 a day? That would get expensive. And if you do need permit, how, where and when do you pay?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts