DNR checking

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by DELLIS, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Has anybody noticed the presence of the dnr near hailton i was up at one of my spots in hamilton area july4th weekend at one point i was the only one with a lic. they came back every 2 hours then this past weekend saw a ton more tickets wrote man there hands must have been hurting

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Glad to hear that they are doing their job up there!!!

Keep it legal or keep it parked on the couch you decide.... :wink:

3. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    yeah i fish alot at that river and there has been alot of ranger activaty there idk whats going on

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea that's a real good deal. Maybe they can make enough money to afford to have the washed up tree's cleared from the boat ramps where you might be able to use the ramps!

5. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    no hamilton couldnt aford that

6. sgt_132

sgt_132 New Member

State:
    N-W Ohio
    I was fishing from the bank at the Maumee river and was checked to. I am glad that they are checking the people fishing. As long as you buy our license and are doing everything legal you will have no problems.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We got checked up here on the fourth weekend too. I was quite impressed with the way the officers treated us. We all have licenses and keep our area well picked up. We did have beer on state property though and if they would have been lesser gentlemen we would have been written up for sure. They just ask that we put it away. Now I know that they were busy and didn't have the time to mess with us all night and their main priority on checks like this are for licenses and littering. Still, I for one am glad we have them on patrol. I just wish that they were there the night before to get the bums that left half a pickup of trash up the bank a few hundreds feet, but then people like that will get caught sooner or later. The sooner the better for me! lol:smile2:

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    they have been cracking down i usually fish around west carrolton to franklin on the great miami river I was not only id by the game warden for the dnr but also miami conservancy district but also miamisburg police was checking as well. just showed them my liscence and went on rick

9. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Always good to hear they're doing what they are paid to do. If you are legal then it should be no problem.

10. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    glad to see the DNR is lout makein some money and its nice to see that there checkin people every where instead of just Indian lake. Last year i was asked for my lic. probably 15 or 16 time in 3 weeks . I'm headin home for alitlle R+R so i don't need one this year which is cool but its no big deal. Using the military deal to fish for a couple weeks .

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey Brad, I too take advantage of the military leave policy. I will be in Chillicothe around 1 sep and will be getting a lot of fishing mileage out of my leave form. Where you at anyway?

12. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    also glad to see they are doing their job. they need to make it so you don't hear a bunch of people saying "i've never been checked by the DNR". not only that but can you believe the fools that don't get a license?-IDIOTS!- i don't let people fish with me unless they got em.

13. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was checked this past weekend by two DNR Officers for a fishing permit. That was the first time I have ever seen them at the Seven Mile Creek. I'm not sure what they were there for because they could not see me from the road and the creek goes through my property. I was shocked to see them walking up the creek. That stretch does get fished a lot by people. Glad they are doing what they are paid to do.

14. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I had my license checked this past weekend fishing in the creek for bait was the first time in 30 years that someone checked it there was happy to see that the dnr is doing their job now if we can only get them to invest their new found wealth from all of those tickets maybe we can get a few problem areas straightened up :roll_eyes:

15. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

I don't know if you were someplace that has park rangers or not, but if you were referring to Game Wardens or Conservation Officers as Rangers .... Don't say that to them .... calling a GW a Ranger is like calling a Police Officer and Security Guard ........ :eek:oooh::wink::big_smile: Garry-

16. odog127

odog127 New Member

State:
    ohio
    they have been heavy in the Hamilton area. I have been checked at the river and also been checked at four mile creek. I know one of my employees had been checked along with the rest of his family and he had a lisence but his dad din't and gave out a 80 dollar ticket. I feel sorry for them. They hit four or five people that day out there.

17. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Why feel sorry for them, $19.00 is cheaper than $80. Was his own fault for breaking the law. That's the purpose of checking.