DNR announces free fishing weekend

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, May 27, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    DNR announces free fishing weekend

The following information was provided by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources:

Enjoy a free weekend of fishing this June 7-8. Hoosier adults do not need a license to fish Indiana's public waters during Free Fishing Weekend. Children under the age of 17 do not need a fishing license at any time.

To help kids and adults celebrate Free Fishing Weekend, recreation areas located across Indiana are planning fun fishing derbies, casting clinics, fish cleaning demonstrations and cooking classes.
    Check out a new lake or river, or introduce friends and family to a favorite fishing spot. Call your favorite property for details. Some properties require registration.
    Although no fishing license is needed to fish public waters on Free Fishing Weekend, all other fishing regulations are still in effect.
    Individuals who need reasonable modifications for effective participation in Free Fishing Weekend events at DNR properties should contact the property at least 72 hours before the event. Or, call the DNR ADA Coordinator at 317-232-4145.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    arkansas and missouri has free fishing weekends once a year.it gets crazy. i try to keep up with the dates. thats usually the weekend i do my semi annual yard mowing. it is a good way to introduce people to the sport i guess. in general they find out fishing is not free and an annual resident fishing license is the cheapest part of the sport.