DK punch bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Blakemo, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I heard the recipe changed for this and now it dosent work, is this true? If so whats another good punch bait?

2. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I preferr dip baits myself, two good types to try would be Sonnys or Team Catfish's Secret 7.

3. I would try the Secret Seven dip bait. It is a quality product at a fair price.

sTRICtLY Catfish

4. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I like secret 7 and i also use sureshot punch bait. He is on the web and you just send him a check or mo he doesnt take paypal catfishbait.net is where you get it. Both of them work really good

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have the DK blood bait, and I have note gottten one bite on it in several trips, but I do have some Secret & and will try it out tomorrow on some pits with me a couple of BOC brotheren.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I just cleaned eight, most on DK...it outfished Seven, but only because the fish were small, and were just suckin' the seven off, without really biting. I get a little more hang time out of the DK.

7. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    i myself woudlnt use any of the prepairded baits never have never will i woudlnt waste money on it when i cant catch my own bait ill quit fishin

8. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I agree you can't go wrong with natural bait.

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I used Dk for2 whole seasons and not so much as a nibble.i wont be getting anymore of it.

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    went threw 2 pales of it and not a bite many a time used magic bait premo super sticky blood at the same time and always got fish

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i have used dk punchbaits on several occasions and i thought it was just me or where i was fishing but aint had a nibble on it .
    it does hang on the looper rigs real well though .
    darrell makes some jimdandy rigs !!!!!!!! i would like to try sonnys
    with them .

12. Danny Kings

Danny Kings New Member

State:
    Texas
    The only thing that has changed in the bait is the fiber. I have owned this company for over 4 years, so I know nothing else has changed. As we grow, we have a constent challenge of finding vendors that can keep us with QUALITY ingredients and with business more than doubling this year you can see how this might be a problem. We have also been adding several machines to ensure that consistancy is at the highest of levels. Now, I do know that we tried a new vendor back in late winter and we made a small amount of bait that seemed the longer it set it would break down funny. Some of it got out, Sorry. If you feel that you got a bad jar of bait private mail me and we will get it fixed. Overall, our tournament teams are still doing very well, I hope that this answers your questions about our recipe and we wish everybody good luck on their next outing.

Team Danny Kings
    Richard Chrisman

13. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Glade for input Chris, I have, caught several cats on DKS, and when they won't hit anything else, they will hit DKs, at times. took a white yarn and wraped it around a #10 Eagle Claw kahel and caught green perch on it the other day.
    bait for biger cats.
    Jim

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I bought a case earlier this year. When I opened the first gallon I could tell immediately it was not the DK I was used to getting. It had a slightly sour smell, half of the fibers were white, there were big chunks of some kind of red fatty looking stuff in it. My results using this stuff are slim and none, and I think slim left town. I have about as much confidence in what's CALLED DK now as I do in getting the subscription of catfish gold that I paid for and haven't seen a copy of yet this year.
    I'll be trying some of the "Lucky 7" I've been reading about.

15. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I would have to agree with jim on this. Used to use dks and had great luck with it in the past. Now not so much so i switched to sureshot and improved my fishing ten fold. Dont know if dks changed or the fished changed there bite. Dont know for sure but for now i will be using sureshot.

16. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Is danny king still part of the company or did he sell off?

17. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Richard bought the company some time ago..

They had a slight hiccup as they transitioned from natural filler to a synthetic filler.

But they have worked the kinks out and are back in the game.

They sell Dk's by the 18 wheeler load..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  18. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I havent heard of any new recipe/ingredients.:eek:oooh:

19. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Besides danny king's I would go with Sonny's.:wink: