DK On a Circle Hook?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Katmandeux, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Can it be done? How?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wrap the DK in panty hose, tie it to your hook with thread..Make sure the point of the hook is well exposed.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Yes it can. The Furry Thang bait holder from Team Catfish will hold quite a bit of punch bait. You just hook the end of it with a circle hook then punch it down. You may need to work the bait onto the holder a little more than using a plain treble hook but it will work. If you want to use a smaller bait slide a spring onto a size 1 circle hook and punch it down just like a treble hook. Treble hooks are still your best bet though.

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have loop send you some rigs without hooks and use your choice of circle hooks, i just tied up 4 of my own with 30lb big cat solar green line....

5. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I use circle hooks with all baits. Most work just fine without any modification. Dip worms are the only bait that I use, that needs some help. I usually feed the dip worm onto the circle hook, then feed some light mono throught the worm and hook eye. I wrap this a couple of times the tie.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some pretty creative answers here, I will have to give this type of bait another try I guess

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Did an experiment with some punch bait, stopped by the fabric section at Walmart, got a piece of mesh like they use for rice/bird seed at weddings. Cut it into about 4" squares, put a glob of bait in the middle, make into a ball and close the top with a mini wire tie. Run what ever size circle or kahle thru it and sling it how ever far you need to.