Divorce

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by janton311, Jul 3, 2006.

1. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hi everybody, I am in the process of going through a divorce from a girl I've been with for 11 years, since highschool, we have 2 beautiful kids which are having a hard time understanding this. What I wanted to say was, I was feeling pretty down one night when I went into the chat room here. I told a few people what was going on and in no time they had me feeling pretty good again. I just want to say thank you to those people and everybody else that makes this web site so great, it was a blessing finding it. You people are awesome. THANKS

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The site is MORE than just Catfishing. I've came to realize that recently. I mean we all can irritate each other (ESPICALLY in the HIGH INTENTISY area) but I would say that way over the majoroty of people would be there for each other.

Here's to you! I hope all gets worked out. Good luck to you & your family. Please hang in there. :0a26:

3. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Divorce is a terrible thing for anyone to go through and Im very sorry to hear about it. Im here for you brother if you need someone to talk to. Just do your best to go your separate ways on as good of terms as you can and let your kids know that it isnt their fault.
    My prayers are with you!!!!

4. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    same thing here bro...you need an ear to chew....just holler

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    We are here for you sir. Been there done that woulden't wish it on Anyone! HANG in there time heals alot! Your Frind and Brother. J.D.Straka A.K.A. Bigcatman0816.:big_smile:

6. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I'm in the same boat as you brother so I know exactly how you feel. Just hang in there guy and things will get better. It can't rain all the time(unless you live in washington:roll_eyes:). Just try and keep your head up.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jason that is one of the things that make the BOC so great. The chat room is a great way to get a smile put on your face. There usually is a nice group of people in there that will chat your ear off.

Catgirl, Eithne, field, Redd, Mutt, Mark J, Cattledogz, Tinboat, Jason, catfishdave, and a few others. All great people and ready to listen and try and cheer ya up.

Sorry to hear about what you are going through and I am sure that it is very hard. If you need to chat with someone just shoot me a PM brother. I am on here a ton.

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I've gone throught a divorce fairly recently (after 18 years), so i know what you're going through.

PM me if you want to chat, or send me a phone # if you want to talk.

here for you brother!

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Jason I know what you're going through. My divorce was final in January. I was married for 20 years to my high school sweetheart and we have two kids. But they are older and we didn't have to go thru all the child custody BS. I didn't want the divorce but now I think I'm happier. I don't have to hear all that b!tching anymore. Hopefully things for you will turn out good for you. If you ever need to talk, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

10. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hang in there man it takes time , but it will get better to an extent . Keep intouch with your kids , My ex got my kids so brain washed that I haven't seen one of them for 5 years and the others for 2 . Always try to put the kids first , both of you . You will be alright time and patience my Brother .
    Brian

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Going thru a divorce can really suck, especially for the kids. Let them know that you love them (and always will), that it wasn't their fault, and that you will always be there for them. And work hard at taking good care of yourself, Jason. Remember - as one door closes, at least one more opens up. And sometimes, what's behind those other doors can be pretty wonderful :smile2:

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Jason, Let your kids know that you are there for them always. I went through a divorce years ago and have since remarried and things worked out well, my wife is my best friend! Good luck to you brother!

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear that. I guess most of us have been thru a divorce. Mine was in 1989 after 13 years. It took a few years to put it behind me but things are OK now. Luckily I didn't have any kids involved.

14. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    awwww hun.....I wish the best. Its hard to understand how two people that loved each other so much can somehow grow apart and live two seperate lives. Its a hard pill to swallow and I hope that you find the comfront that you need here amonst all us friends.
    If theres ever anything that I can do to help or you have any questions please dont think twice babout dropping me a line. Thats what friends are for. :smile2:

15. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jason, I hate to hear about anyone getting a divorce. If there is anything I can do, or ya just need to talk and get off your chest, pm me. The BOC is here for you brother. Prayers sent for ya.

16. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It does get better , stay in touch with your kids, love for them not her. they miss yo to so eep in contact. if needto talk shoot me an Email. Don't just think you are alone. you are not. This is a support group not just fishing. Good friends stay good friends after a divorce. wishing you and yours the best.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Someone said to me many years ago:

"A divorce is like a death, only the other person still lives."

This is so true and you have to deal with that aspect of life, too. Remember the kids come FIRST no matter what or how the 2 of you feel about each other. Always keep this in mind.

Been there twice and most recently with my soulmate. I thought after all the years of muddling thru life, I had met the one man who would share the rest of my life with me. Alas, he thought otherwise and ended our relationship.

My best advice to you is keep it friendly, BUT DO IT QUICKLY. The longer it is drawn out, the worse it will likely become for both of you. KEEP THE KIDS WELL BEING FIRST AND FOREMOST IN ALL THINGS BETWEEN YOU and HER.

PM me if you like. Take care and best of luck to you and yours. Good luck.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

That's what is behind all the Catfish Stuff On The BOC..... a ton of support from a good group of men & women! :0a31:

19. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I appreciate all the support from everybody... If anyone else ever has a problem and needs an ear, don't hesitate to hit me up... thanks again guys I consider all of you true friends.:smile2:

20. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    jason, pm me also if you need to talk. just let your kids know its not there fault this happened. keep your head high, brother.