Diversion Canal?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by The Out-Fisherman, Aug 5, 2009.

1. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    How's the fishing in the Diversion Canal lately? Is the water flowing? I'm trying to sneek up there sometime this week...thanks!

2. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    I had a couple buddies get back last Thursday and they did real good, mostly blues. 10 -20 lbs range. Think they had about ten freezer bags of fillets. they got down Monday afternoon, left Thursday morning.

I'm coming down first light tomorrow morning with my son for the weekend. Staying at Hill's. Trying to get him hooked on a bigun before he returns to the Citadel in a few weeks. Look us up, big white IO bow rider, teal and white, (Sea Duce II) on the back. By the way, they used stinky on the bottom.

3. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    My son and I spent three miserable days at Santee this past weekend. caught 6 fish. drifted lower lake, nada. drifted canal, zilch. anchored up in canal, caught three. Went to upper lake, fished off bird island as we lay in the water soaking our sunburns and caught three not trying very hard. I guess the moon had them messed up and too, each fish we caught were full of clams. We did had a great time though. All grown up now.

4. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    The coming new moon phase in a couple of weeks should bring it back around.I plan a long weekend of fishing.I think its around the 21st.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I use to try and avoid fishn Santee on the full moon. Its hit and miss, I have drifted and not got a bite all night and on the other hand i have went out about dark and be making that long ride back from The dam to the dock at midnight with a cooler full. Fishn the Canal on a full moon has never turned out good for me. We anchored in the shallows at theend of the canal late one eve and filled 2 coolrs up with 10-15lb fish, as soon as the moon showed up we either had caught them all or they left the lake. We never got another bite. Now on them other nights that i didn't catch fish, well i guess i will have to come up with another excuse:smile2:
    I guess if we knew how fish thought we would be rich, ever time i think i got them figured out, they do something different and i been fishn 50yrs:confused2: