Distance Casting

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cutter, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

State:
    Hickory, NC
  2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    pretty neat i would like to try to do that but i dont want to be a specticle and hurt someone or embarrass myself casting with live hooks and weight:embarassed:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Looked as though some were using an abu 5600 and almost spooled the reel. Don't that hold something like 235 feet (or is it yards) of line. Sure made those reels sing. I don't get quite that much out of my 16' footers, as I try to leave some bait, hooks and weight on the line. LOL

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    why did that one guy keep stopping the cast with his thumb? Lol, id like to see him try that with a penn 309!

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    It says that the farthest cast was 256m...thats a lot of line!!!

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Wow, that is some distance that they are doing. I have used a "roll cast" with my 9' surf pole on the breakwater fishing for bonita with large plastic bubble filled with water and a 12' leader to a fly. Starting out in front pointing to the bubble, you quickly come back over the left shoulder, and then around the back of you and then out it goes..... none of the stuff like the video shows...... we have a more of the breakwater wall behind us to do what they are doing.

bayrunner ray

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I saw some guys having a friendly contest casting for distance a couple of years ago. They were using an assortment of reels but most of them had no guts in them so after the cast they just cut the line an walked off, that was bad but they were getting on out there.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If I tried that in my boat I would fall over baord! LOL
    Bill:lol: