Dishonest Stupid People

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tulcat, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I don't like them, and have no use for them.

Today when between leaving work and arriving at my truck, I lost my cell phone. So I retraced all my steps and it was gone. So I started calling it, and after a few tries someone would answer it, but then immediately hang up. So in other words, they weren't giving it back.

The phone was nothing special, was several years old, and had plenty of battle scars from drops and such. Anyway, I would have happily given the finder a $50 reward, just to get my address book back. But no, they are too dishonest to even speak when answering. Within 30 minutes I had the phone disconnected and reported as stolen through the carrier, which means it is now worthless as Sprint will not reacitivate a stolen phone.

Nice paperweight they have now, and not a $50 bill.

What a dishonest idiot.

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    On the other end of the spectrum, several years ago I purchased two book cases at Target. When I got home I discovered they only charged me for one.I took them back to the store to correct their mistake and the cashier looked at me like I was some kind of fruitcake.

I hope the yahoo that has your phone doesn't use your information to no good end.

A kids idea on science:The wind is like the air, only pushier.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I appreciate your concern, but there was nothing on there other than phone numbers of friends, family, and you know what HURT the worst?

I lost the numbers to the 6 bait shops that I call for reports and bait availability!

Anyway they only have about 48 hours more before the battery goes and an alarm wll be going off at 6AM :big_smile:

And yes I did imagine the cashier looked at you funny, but it is an admirable deed indeed.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh no.... woe is you, woe is you...:big_smile_2:

5. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    what's even worse is when you go out of your way to be nice to someone and they look at you like you're from the moon...people nowadays do not know how to react to people when they are nice to them....i see it all the time.

6. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    that's one thing that's for sure! :lol:

7. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    If only we could find a way to keep them from reproducing!!! LOL

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jim, I feel your pain.

I once lost a pager, paged it, the moron called me back from their home phone.

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

We can, that's why we have the Darwin Awards

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That suck's man! I had the exact same thing happen to me 2 year's ago. But I had just got the cell phone and had a lot of important number's in there, I ended up getting them back but it took me a few month's.

I don't understand because the phone's won't work for anyone after you report them stolen.

Oh well, Karma will probably catch up with them.

Zakk

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I bought 2 cartons of smokes one day at a gas station, got to the truck, realized he had only charged me for 2 packs, went back in, explained, the guy then called me a moron. Ticked me off. Here I was, doing the RIGHT thing, and he calls me a moron. That was the last time I ever went to a Git-N-Go.

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    yep, got $50 extra change from the grocery store once and after i got to my car and counted found the extra money. wasnt a second thought on my part and walked back in to give the money back. Luckily for the cashier I did, because the store manager was already chewing her out and told me that she was about to be fired because that was only one of several mistakes she had made. the cashier didnt work there much longer and probably doesnt need to be in charge of money anyway, but she didnt get fired that day because i was honest and corrected her mistake. Hey im on a low fixed income and $50 would have helped at the time, but after it was spent it woulda been gone anyway, but being honest is something noone can take away from you!

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I service bank alarms and cameras,part of my job is tring to capture the crooks on film .My thinking is if it is not yours don't take it.But there is all kinds of idiots out there.

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Most people are honest, but you get a few jerks now and then.

A couple of years ago, I got a call on my cell from my buddies cell phone, as it turns out, he had lost it at home depot & the person who found it checked his recent call list and called me to report that they had found it.
    Now that's an honest person!

Eric

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sorry to hear that Jim. Just remember it's just a thing.........it can be replaced. Certain aspects of life cannot. Read Wild Phil's signature! Great one. Don't get your blood pressure up over a "thing." Although I am going to post a rant in HI in a minute that is over some "thing". Not really sure what, just my ramblings as usual. Come on over and work off the blood pressure.

Take care.

16. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I agree with you all in regards to Honesty is the best answer. I was raised that way and I am trying to pass that onto my three little ones. One day my wife and children were visiting the local dollar store and the kids were asking her for everything under the sun and she refused to buy it for them(which by the way impressed me that she actually said no. Well when they got home my oldest son (6) had some things in his pockets he did not pay for, so I took him back to the store and made him return them. When I got there and told the clerk what happened, her response was one of amazement to me. Quote( you should not embarass your child that way by making him return it and apologize to us, it's only candy) I simply laid the candy on the counter and walked out. It may sound petty for me to do that, but I know by doing that to my son, he will not be stealing a car later on in his life.

17. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

LOOK AT ME!,but I'm honest.

18. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    WORDS TO LIVE BY!!!