Dish-Soap nightcrawlers.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jul 19, 2006.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i've been reading post about getting nightcrawlers, digging, shocking, and stick and rubbing. i always use the wifes dish soap and water hose, it's a easy way to get a fast few dozen. does anyone use it too?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

could you explain this a little better sounds like you soap the yard and add water.

3. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    benji, just get any kind of dish soap. i pour it in a circle(more soap/bigger circle) start spraying it with water. it will start to foam up, i kind of spread the foam around and once the water/soap mix starts soaking into the ground, up come the nightcrawlers. it works, brother.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks I might have to try that on my compost pile, instead of digging it up. I find a lot of them when I turn it so I know they are there.

5. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Sure wish I had decent dirt in my yard. Your not gonna find night crawlers in this red clay and rocks. May have to drive up to uncles and try his yard. I'll just tell him I'm cleaning his dirt.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    It Works Dish soap and water it Works give it a try.

:cat:

7. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    Doesn't the dish soap smell hinder fish form biting?

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    was wondering that myself

9. BIGCAT DADDY 71

State:
    Indiana
    i wash them in water, then put them into soil in my bait container. any soap smell left has never hurt catching cats or other fish, for me.