Disgusted at the lake today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Aug 19, 2007.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my son and i went to baldwin lake and upon arrival i had to use the latrine near the boat launch. i try and do my business at home , but sometimes
    things just dont quite happen as we would like to plan .
    fortuanately there are latrines available , unfortunately there are sick freaks running amung us that like to do sick and twisted things for what ever reason.
    seems like someone thought it funny to wizz on the toilet paper roll soaking it.
    luckily for me there was more than one roll , and i had a couple of paper towels in my pocket that i carry to wipe my hands while fishing after handleing bait etc.
    i think i would try and drown someone in the crapper if i happened to catch someone doing this intentionally.
    if that wasnt bad enough the shoreline we fished from was littered from top to bottom all along the riprap with bottles wrappers styro containers etc.
    enough trash in a 30 foot section to fill a 5 gallon bucket full !
    we were going to take the boat but we have wireing issue with pigtails feeding trailer lights so we just banked today.
    no luck with any cats but we did catch a few gills for bait.
    had to vent a little :sad2:

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Seems like alot of people have no respect for anything any more..Wonder why it would bring someone joy to pee on toilet paper so no one else can use it..No point to it, I will never understand people that vandalize stuff. Its just plain idiotic.

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Makes you wonder what these people's homes looks like if they are peeing on the TP:confused2:. How hard is it to pick up after yourself.

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always carry toilet paper in my truck. If I go out in woods, I do the same.
    Most latrines in my area aint in good shape due to people like you said.

"enough trash in a 30 foot section to fill a 5 gallon bucket full "
    Your lucky. I can go to the bank I have fished for 15 years, pick up 2 trash bags full.
    This has been happening for past couple years.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I haven't been to Baldwin in a few weeks. So it wasn't me. :wink:

Each time I went to bank fish down in that riprap, it has been litered something fierce. I am a little bummed at the number of small channels in Baldwin. I can't believe how often I throw my castnet out and I catch some small cats in it. It's just ridiculous the number of small channels are there. Granted, I know the big ones are in there... it's just a ton of catching the small ones until you find one sizeable.

6. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's why you always wear 2 pairs of sox :wink:

Smitty

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi

yes there are tons of those little cats ! we drove past the launch area all the way down to the inlet area and i didnt see any signs stateing ( no parking )
    do you know if people can park down that way and fish?

dano i wasnt to thrilled about picking up anymore than that little stretch yesterday because i didnt have my grabber pole with me.
    i could have easily gathered up at least 1 large bag and possibly more had i had the grabber , you never know what you are going to encounter picking up trash and those rocks could be a snakes home :wink:.
    the little stretch i did police had to of stuck out to anyone paying attention
    i was picking up cig butts and line you name it.
    i have never figured out how someone can go to a lake and knowingly leave their trash there .we always have a few kitchen size trash bags and a bucket or two , it only takes a couple seconds to put trash in a sack or bucket .
    when people see the crap that is strewn all around a lake it looks like all fishermen are slobs.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tough to do I know, but I go where they ain't or have been, and if they are I aren't.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    People who litter SUCK!:angry: People who deface public bathrooms SUCK! :angry: I wish we could send them all to some godforsaken island where they could live like pigs amongsts themselves! :wink:

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    It is a shame to see the lack of respect that is shown by the younger generation; then again, we weren't exactly angels either!

At our state-owned and managed lake, pranksters will often come at night and sink the jon boats. The poor guy who shows up for work in the morning has to pull the boats out of the drink and drain them. Other pranks are more serious and defacing.

What angers me most is the day will come when the state will simply say, "Forget it--it's not worth the tax money" and the fishermen will lose again.

11. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    It is no wonder why owners of private ponds, lakes, creeks no longer allow access to the public. Those who do allow a few select known friends access have a real problem with the friend showing or telling others of the location and thus it begins. In addition they have very little luck when catching someone trespassing or littering. Law enforcement and the courts are full time busy now with lots more serious stuff. Luck

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    the sad part is peeing on T.P. is like setting fire to a tree they both have the same results what good is peed on toilet paper? nothing thanks guys we dont have enough trees as it is!!! maybe someone will do them the same? hehehe
    i agree with sending em to an island somewhere and letting them do what they want but knowing our luck they will find their way back like the cockroaches they tend to act like! :angry::angry::angry:

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i completely understand why let idiots trash up the place and then spend your time cleaning it up after them,its not fair to the REAL fisherpeople who do what they are supposed to and clean up after theirselves! this worldis a complete mess these days! and a lot of people just dont understand what they are doing to mess it up worse! :angry::sad2:

14. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Isn't that place called New York City. :smile2:

(just kidding)

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Im glad Im not the only one who carries around TP in their tackle bag/box or hunting gear or anywhere else. Its come in handy more times than Id like to admit.

As far as letting people fish my pond its become family and select neighbors by the pond only. I didnt care about people fishing but I dont want to clean up after them. I used to leave a 10' jon boat by the pond but having it end up in the middle of the pond and then finding it on one neighbors land I dont take to kindly to trespassers anymore.

16. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

I always carry an extra roll in my tackle box or car trunk?

The place we fish, they have a trash can and you wouldn't believe the trash some of the people leave?
    When we get ready to leave, I make sure we have all of our trash picked up, and we even pick up other people's trash?

I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed that people that fish for catfish, clean up after them selves more then people that fish for Bass and Crappie?

I don't care what you fish for, clean up when your done fishing?

Ken