Discussion on fall gaterthing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, Mar 24, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Ive talked to a few people here, and was wondering how many people would be interested in a fall gathering at Monroe Lake. I talked to someone at Paynetown SRA today and confirmed they DO have several electric and a few non-electric campsites that are located on the water.
    Prices for these campsites sound fairly reasonable. The sites with electric are $25.50 per night, and the non-electric sites run $13.50 per night. I was told that the price for all of their sites is for up to 6 people per site, and you can have 2 tents, or 1 tent & 1 camper per site. The area I have in mind for this also has a "comfort station" within walking distance. Im not sure if the comfort stations have showers in them or not, but I think they do. There is a boat ramp located at Paynetown also.

Monroe Lake is a 10,750 acre (summer pool) lake, located in central Indiana near Bloomington.

Once again, this thread is NOT a "sign up" thread. I'm just throwing it out there to get an idea how many people would be interested.

So, with all that in mind, whos interested, and when?

Thanks in advance for everyones opinions!

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I think the idea is awesome. I would like to see a second gathering because i can't make the one on the ohio. I have fished monore and know for a fact there are some big flats. As for a time i was thinking maybe late August or early September. Paynetown is a great place to camp because you have small store so you really don't have to leave. How does this sound to everyone else.

P.S. Thanks for bringing this up kyle.

3. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Sounds interesting!, I might be interested... Almost 20 years since I camped last, and I am down for catching some bigger than what I have been catching fish!

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    we had one at mississinawa(sp?) reservoir last fall for the northern folks. probably will again this year too. one just dont seam like enough does it.lol

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd definitely be up for a trip to Monroe, especially in the fall since my work obligations aren't as time consuming. And Tim, the fish better be biting this time at Mississinewa...

6. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As far as a date, I say mid September is usually a good time, I always catch my biggest fish then. The 12th/13th or 19th/20th would both be good. The first weekend in September is Labor Day weekend...Monroe would be a drunken circus then.

7. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Lol, we could end up fishing the drunks out when they fall in! Sorry I know that isnt funny!

Ok, Ok, Now would this be a boat fishing gathering or what? I have no boat!
    And that 19/20 weekend would work for me considering the 20th is my birthday... Wouldnt it be nice to land a BIG Flattie on my b-day? {day-dreaming} sorry...

keep the ideas coming...

8. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    I'm going to monroe good friday for a couple days crappie fishing .
    I up for a gathering in september for sure. there's lots of good bank fishing at paynetown , but I'll be bringing a boat no matter what . we can always catch bluegills (for bait ) in little coves around the campground . Kyle take the point on this man and set a date and stuff:smile2:

9. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jim-
    I say if ya have a boat bring it. Alot of the time if someone has room in their boat they'll pick up a couple tag alongs--who are always grateful I might add. (I've been one). The rest band together and hit the banks. Between the boats and a the land-lovers there are plenty of fish stories to go around.

10. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks for everyones input so far! really starting to look like this could happen..

Jim, the campground has lots of bank area.. be sure to drag your folks out there too:wink:

I think it would be better off to hold out an official sign up, or anything until after the ohio river gathering in may.. but lets keep this thing hopping with ideas!

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I honestly dont have "sea" legs but will fish from a boat, and if I did tag-along I would be willing to catch the bait for the boat owner! I fished at monroe many times as a kid, but not sure about the area anymore, I just remember fishing the spillway and in the park... The spillway always had guys fishing for stripers!

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah that was a bit disheartening Ben. lol thanks to ol vince and chad we ate fish though. any place other than that would be ok with me but thats another thread.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    if i come and have room in my boat anyone is welcome, thats a given!

14. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Well that is mighty nice of you Tim, I will keep that in mind Sir!

I will warn everybody though, I am a biggun... 6-2 367 lbs

15. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm so ready to sign up for this one that would be really good for me
    :cool2:

16. catfishpatrol

catfishpatrol New Member

State:
    Kokomo, Indiana
    sounds awesome! count me in for monroe. I've never fished there but have always wanted to. And if theres a gathering at mississinewa res count me in. I know some great spots there.

17. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I would really be looking forward to one at that res. since I'm gonna miss the one coming up, I would be sure to make it, meet some of the guys and maybe learn a few things.:eek:oooh:

18. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fall gathering down at monroe sounds good to me. let me know when you decide a date.

19. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whats with all the discussion? Just do it!

Congrats on the awsome channel Pritty Kitty, bet Shane is pi$$ed! :smile2:

20. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

ill have to make another phone call to the campground after we get a date set.. make sure they got room for us..