discovery cannel

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by catoon, Dec 5, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    survivor man hunting.. how to survive good show

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They keep giving him more and more stuff to take along. Why don't they just drop him some McDonalds or something? Or, airlift him out every night, so he can get a good night's rest at the Holiday Inn? :smile2:

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    He's gotte be getting some good pay for going out all the time and starving while freezing his butt off!!!

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have not seen it, did he show hunting in a good or bad light. I know that the show was not about hunting but he must have hinted one way or the other. Just wondering

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    He goes into wilderness survival situations and spendsdays sometimes living off the land. Eating bugs, weeds, herbs,roots and an occasional animal that he traps or catches. Pretty interesting show. IMO

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have seen Survivor Man but not that particular show. I was wondering how he shown hunting in the show that he was going out as a "Hunter"

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Not sure> Must have missed that one.

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They did a scenario where him and a hunting buddy "got lost in the wilderness". I think the show depicts real life situations. I hunt a large tract of land and got turned around one night looking for a deer. our flashlights went dead, and I thought we were gonna have to make shelter and a fire and stay all night. although it's not so big that we'd have to stay for days, we were in deep enough that a nights stay was'nt an impossibility. I was about to kick into survival mode. I can see how it could happen in the mountains. throw a broken leg into the picture and you have the makings of your own survival show !

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    When stuff goes bad it can go bad quick. Being out in the woods for a night without a flashlight would be freaky:eek:oooh: Heck, its kinda freaky with a flashlight at night:wink:

10. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Man versus wild and surviver man are totally different in my opinion. Bear actually does get out there and kill stuff and eats anything and takes risk. The other guy is a joke in my opinion. He just sits around waiting for his 7 days to be over with and none of his fishing or hunting ever works because he hasn't a clue how to do anything. And if it gets tough they come get him.
    Bear has got some real skills.

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Saw him noodle a catfish one show . It bit the fire out of him I am guessing man gets hungry ENOUGH he might even eat possum !:wink::smile2:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Definite possibility. Don't know how hungry that would be though.

13. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The Survivor Man series is pretty informative. Whenever Les Stroud has been forced to kill an animal as part of his survival he's been neutral regarding his opinion on hunting. Basically, he says that in a survival situation you do what you gotta do. I think he does a very good job of describing how easy it can be to get lost and the simple things you need to do if this happens.
    I've got to disagree with a previous post about Bear Grylls. He is frequently pulled out of his survival situations and later put back in for filming to resume. There have been a number of inaccuracies picked up during his filming that caused the series to be put on hold until they could be re-edited. But this doesn't really matter because he does provide some good information about surviving. His show seems to over-dramatize the situations a little bit.
    Both shows have been credited by some folks lost in the woods as playing a key role in them being found. This is what counts.

Mike