Disappointing results from a cheap throw away camera

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Vonroc, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio

I guess in the past I was just to stubborn to fork out the money for a decent digital camera. Ha not any more. I took my 27 exposure camera to Wally World to be developed, was real excited had some good cat pics - some from last year. All pics came out cloudy white, I ask what happened . They said it could of been caused by many different reason - not sure. Since the pictures didn't come out they wouldn't charge. Now I went out and bought a real camera, I can see pics as I take them now plus easily download them to the computer. Can't wait to catch some big fish now.

2. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Im accident prone so Ive always used disposable cameras. I get the Kodak for 6.99 - always come out good for me.

At any rate the cost adds up, so I'll still probably buy a decent digital soon
    Sorry to hear that man :sad2:

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I've got about 20 rolls of film to have developed. I just hate having it done.

I've wanted a digital camera for Christmas for about 2 years. I hate to ask for it, because their expensive and I don't like for vern(vlparrish) to spend that much on me. I bought an inexpensive one for our daughter a few years ago and Vern fell in love with it. He bought a really cheap one for the boat recently, it's nice but the pics are so-so. I would love to have one with digital and optical zoom. They take better pics inside and outside. Hopefully, after Christmas they'll go on sale and I can get me one. And I REALLY hope that I will be posting a pic of a new PB on here with it:big_smile:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have seen disposable digital camera at the stores but never bought myself one,now thanks to this post I won't.I too would love to have one,but I want one that will definitely do the job.When I was a child my family had this old saying and I have found it to be true,the old saying is "Ya get what ya pay for" and if ya buy cheap once in awhile you'll get lucky,but I have found usually not.Someday God Willing I want to buy one but they are expensive so I can't say of course when that someday will be! So sorry that you got dissappointed on your pictures.It would have been a big letdown for me also!:crazy:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In the grand scheme of things, digital cameras are cheap compaired to any film camera. Batteries are expensive, but still you can take hundreds of pictures on $15 worth of batteries. Sucks you lost your photos. A kid working in the lab probably spilt a slushie on it or something. HP photosmart m425 5mpx is a good, cheap camera.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    This might be good news to some. I read in the paper today that wally world is slashing prices on alot of their electronics to undercut Best-buy and circut city for the christmas season. Check your flyers folks, compare prices. You might be able to get a really decent camera for 30 or 40 bucks cheaper.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Man, That would be great if wally world did that, then I could get my new camera and play Survivor!! Mine must have got moist or something cause I cant get the pics to come out clear or at all sometimes.

8. tthomas83

tthomas83 New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Texas
    I lucked out and inherited my mothers digital when she decided to upgrade. It's not the best in the world but it works.

9. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Another good way to save some $$$ is check your local pawn shops. I have several in my area that I visit frequently. Most of them are good to deal with and you can take it home and try it for a specified period of time. If you do not like it they will refund your money. Talk with them and they will work with you, or at least the ones in my area do. You'll be suprised the money you can save.

Also talk them down on the price. They are always willing to negotiate.

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I had to do it so I could easily upload my catfish pictures to the BOC. I've had regular pictures scanned to a disk, but they didn't turn out as good. I got me a Pentax Optio E-10 on sale at Wally World for $149.95. It has both zooms and takes pretty good pictures, so it was money well spent!

Oh, and buy the rechargeable batteries, they last a lot longer per charge than a regular battery does.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    The best way to catch a big fish is to accidentally leave the digital camera at home! :lol:

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I learned the hard way long ago (8th grade) you get what you pay for. took a few disposable cameras on a field trip before Iwas moving out of town. I got 10 out of 36 pics when they were all developed.

13. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    glad to hear about your getting a digital camera. I take mine on every fishing trip and don't have to worry about developing film. In fact I caught my biggest bass in Florida almost 2 years ago and the film is still undeveloped. Dang I hope it turns out good whenever I get it done.

I use the Nikon Coolpix L3 camera. It has great video settings so I can even get some footage for a video and post it here on BOC. (whenever I catch my next cat).

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Not everyone likes or trusts Ebay. I can respect those people and their opinions. But I just looked up water proof digital camera on Ebay, and they start at $35 and go up to very expensive. The ones I saw will float, if you drop it in the water by mistake. Hope this helps.

Kenny

15. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Pawn shops are a good idea also classified ads in the local newspaper. Always ask to try the camera before you buy it.

16. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    If you guys have a Best Buy nearby...try to get there early on Friday.They`re going to have a Kodak digital camera(5 megapixel,video,3x zoom) for $80.The regular price on it is $130.It will be onsale until noon and they`ll only have so many.This is a great deal for you fellas/gals that dont have a digital camera.Plus...you can take short video clips also.

17. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois

and to forget the net at home also!!!:big_smile: