Disapointments/Bad Games/Injuries/Ect.

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Big Nick, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I thought I'd start a thread for Baitfish and the others out there that don't have a real team to root for this year. :p This is the thread to discuss losing teams, horrible games, injuries to players, ect. This is also the thread to scream and yell about whatever you want. I'll start it out!

First of all, the Vikings. I can talk bad about the Vikes, cause they are my number two team. When the season started I thought they would have a ligitimate chance at doing well this year. I was happy as could be that they got rid of that puke Randy Moss. But, when the season started it was obvious that the team wasn't going anywhere this season. Now that Culpepper is out for the year they'll be lucky to win 7 games. I think that the owner Ziggy is going to clean house at the end of the year and get rid of most of the coaching staff, and bring in a real disiplinarian. Watch out Vike fans, the S$%# is going to hit the fan after this season.

Another disapointment this year has been Julios Jones and his Injuries that have kept him out of the Cowboys line up. He has missed almost half of the games that he should have been playing since becomeing a Cowboy. Luckily, after this last injury we saw that we have a pretty darn good back up. Its just my opinion, that he will be splitting time with barber from now on. Chances are that we will not have one Running back, but rather a good 1 2 punch. If Julios cannot get healthy and stay healthy, I think Barber will take the job from him by the end of the season and probably keep it through next year!

So, now it is ya'lls turn. What are you mad about, disapointed about, or otherwise pissed about in regards to the NFL?

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    This is also the thread to discuss what players and teams you hate and why!

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It is disappointing about Julios but you are right barber is stepping up. He just needs to hold on to that ball. I think barber will do good and take the job. Julios, is good but seems a little tender to me. Always hurt. Might be time to make him the back up. I remember Emmit Smith in his day. Couldn't make him sit on the side line. I still will never forget that game with the N.Y. G. when he said at half time, just put the ball in his hands. He played
    with broke shoulder and ran I think a 50 yard run with one arm. LOL.
    I know the Pats have many injured players. Dont they have over 10 hurt players. I'm not sure. Wish my Son was on here. He would give y'all the run down on them and even tell ya how they are playing all the tough teams while many are getting the easy stuff. LOL. He said it not me. LOL.
    This thread started just in time. I'm thinking the post will really pick up on colts talk after they loose Monday Night. LOL.

Be nice, after all it is about Disappointments, no need to rub that brisket for ever. Just a shoulder will do. LOL. One lost is still in the running for the S.B.
    I'm just playing around.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    BAITFISH, who wants to live forever. You know how much taxes = forever, too much. LOL.

4. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    How about the San Diego Chargers. Are there any Chargers fans out there? I havn't seen one yet, but thier season sure as heck has been a disapointment so far this season. Last year they were one of the best teams in the NFL and this year they've done nothing but lose close games. I am wondering if Brees is going to keep his job if they don't make the playoffs? They might hand it over to thier new QB they got last year.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am a charger fan nick.....they are struggling, but no reason to shake them up. they have some good players and brees is one of them. :sad:

the teams i don't like? here in oklahoma, bob stoops does not like grandstanders on his squad...he tells them "act like you have been there before"

i like that...the teams i dislike are the ones that have these idiot multi-millionaire players that have to jump up and down after every play they make so we will know how great they are....my response: if you are so darn great let the other 10 players have a seat and do it by yourself...oh you can't? then stop acting like you can :cursing:

that is why i like the pats....surely you all agree with me on the first superbowl they won; wasn't that the season of 9/11? they came out for introductions and refused to be introduced individually...they were introduced as a TEAM, because it takes ALL of them to win the game :thumbsup:

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Chargers are not playing as they should right now, but to quote ESPN "they are one of the most talented teams in football" They wil pull out and be just fine. If not this year by next year they should be playoff bound again.

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Player's who I think are overrated, Brady, no defense he cannot win games.

Vick, great running back, poor quarterback, he has little no no accuracy unless he is running fo rhis life, that is a problem when your job is to pass the ball.

-Brian

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Brian, I think you hit a soft spot every time you say that to Jim. :) He was good enough to win games and Super Bowls the last four years with that defense. I believe you could have put any QB on that team with that defense and won the Super Bowl. If Peyton Manning would have been their QB, they never would have lost a game! This year we are seeing what he can do without that defense ;)

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's right joe....the pats are leading their division....i guess if they had a better QB they would be, what? leading their division? :confused:

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You know Phil, you are lucky that the Jacksonville Jaguars aren't in the Patriots division! I would put money on the Jags in that game! They are 4-3 just like the sad Patriots, but they have the third ranked D! The Bills are the second best team in the division? They suck and they almost beat the Patriots.HAHA

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    There is not a Quarterback out there than can go all the way without a team. Thats like saying a bird could fly without wings. It takes skills on each player with QB leading the team.

That is why The Pats did what they did in Phil's post # 6. They knew it was the Team, not the man by himself. But they all have to be good. Pats really dont have a big show off star that dances and such on every play. Maybe if those one man team guys would stop dancing around and let the others have credit, they too would make it too the S.B. LOL.

I remember Troy Akiman days. That man would buy his lineman and their kids presents to show thanks for protecting him, He knew he didn't do it by himself. . He even gave up money to help keep em. If I remember right. I think that is why he got so upset when Deion Sanders came aboard. All that money and he wouldn't even tackle. Nothing but a show off over paid player. He could run fast. Scared to give or take a hit. IMO.

Look at all time great Emmit, he was great but after team got old, split up, etc. , he didn't do much. I know he broke the record in yards but it got a little sloppy towards the end without blockers, the team. Know what I mean.

I think many or just tired of the same blood in The S.B. every year. Need new blood and I'm thinking the COWBOYS. LOL. Course AFC want effect us on getting there, just gives us there best to beat. LOL.

The Colts P.M, is good. It would not bother me a bit to see him go to the S.B. or the pats again. Doesn't really matter to me who the CowBoys beat. LMAO.
    :D

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    We never said anything about the Super Bowls won with defense. We said that they rode their defense all the way to the Super Bowl :p The defense is what got them there! Brady's terrible! He finally has to show what he is made of now that he doesn't have that defense and he already has three losses! This year it is all going to change! Colts All The Way!! Monday night will prove it! ;)

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I will take that bet, but not with you. I will take that bet with Phil if he is willing to. That is pretty funny!

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Phil are you out there? Are you up for the bet? I want to make it with a true Patriots fan, that way I'll get more enjoyment out of seeing you wear the shirt ;) I'm up for it! Let's get down to business :cool:

15. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    That sounds like a great bet!

I'd love to see Joe in the Pats shirt, or vs versa.

Okay, I am going to try to get some opinions on a point that has been skirted on a little in this thread. T.O., Randy Moss, Joe Horn, and all the idiots that jump around and pretend they are the greatest thing in the world.

First of all, let me say this. If someone scores a touchdown, gets a safety, makes a sack(not a tackle), or kicks a field goal, they have the right to celebrate. I'm not saying they need to mock moon the crowd, or spike the ball on the Dallas star, or take a cell phone from the field goal cushon, but if they want to do a little dance and celebrate with thier teammates, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is all these idiots celebrating everytime they catch an 8yd pass, or tackle a runner, or a myriad of other times that people celebrate. Its like Phil, or someone said. Act like you've been there before! I don't want to see anyone get up and do a little jog everytime they get a first down. That is why I like Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, ect ect ect. I would be happy as could be if T.O. Randy Moss, and all of the defensive lineman that dance around like idiots after a tackle would leave the game. If you do something great, then turn around high five your teammates, pump your fist, and return to the huddle.

Just my opinion

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree with that. Good post.

I think running up the field and the ball being spiked on the star.
    Butt kicking time. LOL.

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i don't care for the sacreligious aspect of the bet........how about on the front it says "i love (or heart) the pats/colts...and on the back it says brady/manning - the best ever QB? :D

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

i agree 100% BAITFISH

19. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I agree with you 100% Nick! That's why I love Marvin. He's the most well mannered player in the NFL in my opinion! You will never see him do a dance or moon the crowd, not even on his record setting 86th touchdown catch.lol

20. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Couldn't agree more Joe. Marvin is a class act. He keeps all of his touchdown balls, and when he and payton broke the record, he wanted peyton to have it. Just an all around good guy!

Another good guy out there who does his job and gets back to the huddle is Dat Nyugen from Dallas. You will never see him get out of character.