Disable Parking Crackdown In Arkansas!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 30, 2008.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Arkansas have a set of new regulation to stop people with out disabilities from parking in Handicapped Parking, I had to renew my car tags and my drivers license today and now your driver license must state on it that you are disable. Also the Mirror hanger is for 4 years now.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That's great news to me. I'm not disabled but it makes me sick to see folks park in those spots and then almost run in the stores with no problems.

My legs are getting worse each year but I'm not classified as disabled yet so I don't use those spots.

Another thing that irks me too is relatives that end up with the disabled tags and use the parking spaces when they don't even have the disabled person with them. I don't think that should be allowed either. If you don't have the disabled person with you at the time you are going to the store I don't think you should use the parking spot.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Kevin......nobody is supposed to use those spaces unless the disabled person is with them....it is a law.
    I see it all the time down here in Ft Worth too. I am disabled and sometimes I have a hrd time finding a spot to park cause of the people that have no respect for the diabled.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I wished they would put that on our Drivers License Verlon....lots of things still in the works here on things for the disabled.

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I agree with you Top. My dad is handicapped and has a hang tag for his car to park in handicapped parking places. I have seen numerous times a person wheel into a handicapped spot and "run" into a store. It makes me wish I had enough guts and quickness to take their tires off while they were in the store.
    Maybe stiffer fines might makes these idiots think twice about cheating on a parking place for a handicapped person.
    Thanks top for bringing all of this to our attention.
    ccat

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I agree with everything you said! hang em!

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I see people all the time that park and run into stores with the tags. Makes me sick. To me thats like fishing or hunting without a license. :angry:

8. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My dad is disabled...he has Parkinson's. This is one of the things that really gets me riled up. Another thing that gets me riled up is...well, you know those electric buggies that they have for disabled shoppers? It's not uncommon for us to see able-bodied teenagers driving them around the store like they were on a joyride! I wish they'd let us say something to them, but they won't. And forget parents doing their job-that doesn't happen. If they were my kids, I don't care how old they are or who's watching, they would be taken to the first flat object that's just high enough for them to lay across and get their hind ends whooped!

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My father has been disabled since his heart attack in 1990. Congested heart failure, then cancer, To top it off a stroke in December. Him being too proud all the while to get a handicaped tag. Myself having back surgery some days it's hard to walk down the block...So When I see a healthy lazy person use the space not needing it is really gets me mad. I have even went up to them and told them so. Selfish Self centered mean folks:sad2: are always going to be around but then again a women never minds saying what she thinks about anything!:wink: ROFL

10. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have a handicap tag on my truck , I seldom park in the handicap spaces as I walk fairly well with my prosthesis.

11. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    One of the best things I have seen in this regard is the use of retired folks writing the tickets down in FL. Talk about agressive enforcement.:smile2: Wish someone here in GA would get the same thing going. As far as the carts in the stores, either fat or stupidity may be disabling, but it is not a disability. Show some home training and get up and walk.

12. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    My wife has muscular distrophy and we both have the tags, but I would never use it unless she is with me. Many, Many times I can`t find a spot
    When I take her to Walmart because the spots are all filled with non-handicapped vehicles. It should be an easy no-brainer to ticket these selfish people. (She can still walk, but it is very painful for her) I usuall just let her off at the door then park.

13. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I get pretty mad also, I have been on crutches for the last 5 years, and to see someone who has no noticable disability park in a handicap space just makes me mad. I have said some things to different ones, and had all kinds of responses, good and bad. I do like to try and shame them if possible. Most of the time when you tell a store clerk or someone in charge, they act like they don't want to get involved. Later Andy

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with you guys about people misuseing the tags

15. Mrs. Kitty

Mrs. Kitty New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    They are cracking the whip here in our town for sure. I worked for the local police department and that was one of our LT.'s favorite hot spots when things got slow was hitting the Wal-mart parking lot and popping folks right and left for not having handicap tags and parking in the blue zone. It chapped his hide for someone to park in the blue zone and be as able as a tri-atholon runner.

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have a hang tag. I do not use it unless I have to. But to let you think.. I had someone smart off to me last year for parking in the blue zone.
    And I was not able at the time walk much more then a few yards.. I look healthy. But looks can be deceiving at times. But like everyone else. I do not use it unless I have to. So be careful when getting on someone. As you may be talking to someone that looks healthy, But needs the spot..
    Tn the hang tag has to be replaced every 2 years.
    Pete

17. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have a tag , but I dont park in a blue zone all the time . I walk better now than before I lost the leg . To see me one might think i am ok , but long walks are still a little much for me.

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will crack down on people who use these spots illegally. Since when is fat and lazy a handicap??

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Since the bleeding hearts let it be...........

I have purposely parked the truck right behind a few different cars at the wally world, when I seen the "kids" get out and run into the store while driving grammas car etc, works pretty well when they start announcing you over the speaker to move your vehicle, after the 3rd call they usually call the law here, and that is when I find the time to hobble my busted back, back to my truck and then watch the cop look at MY TAG and then realize why I did what I did..... have never been told much of anything other than "works for me" as he rights the ticket for them........... just fries my *** when I see that.........

It is a to often over looked breaking of the law, IMO

20. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I too have the tag and the endorsement, I look healthy also except for being a bit hunched over and a limp. I dont always use it, only on bad days. and that will be most of the winter. My busted back like yours dont like the cold .