Disable fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by hunterman1971, May 7, 2006.

1. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    how many people that are disable fish from a wheel chair are there any here in ky or do you know someone that is in a chair that would like to fish lets see if there is ...i'm one is there more i'm just fishing for any disable people let me know....thanks

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I did for about 9 months and then I started regaining my legs somewhat. I have graduated to crutches, and have passed my 3 year anniversity on them. Andy

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    My wife is in and out of a wheelchair for the last 10 years.She loves to fish,but hasn't been able to get out this year.
    She will usually outfish me for cats because she won't move around and recast much,she also caught a 7# bass off a handicap dock we were at one year,not a monster but bigger than my best.

4. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    I don't know of many, and let me tell ya Fishtrap Dam/State Park does not have a SINGLE handicap assesible fishing area on the lake side or spillway side AT ALL..

It's a disgrace that my uncle who is disabled can't fish with us because they have overlooked the disabled.

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    they are changing the tailwaters here at rough river lake ( repair of shoot) but are extending the gate wall and adding a sidewalk that will be handicap assesible

6. Mudmarlin

Mudmarlin New Member

State:
    Louisville, KY
    On Taylorsville lake there is wheel chair access at the Possium Ridge Ramp. I was there last weekend and saw several people in chairs fishing there.

7. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I read about a special wheelchair using tank treads a few weeks ago.

www.tankchair.com

Something like that might make it a bit easier on you to go fishing my friends :)

~
    Brian

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I bet that would cost a small fortune.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am checking on a tank chair. I can walk short distance and stand for a few minutes. I use an electric chair but they have limits. I may need to get a wheel chair accesable boat in the future. War eagle makes one I may try if needed. I'm lucky there are many who can't stand at all.