Dirty Looks during Bait fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Blacky, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Do anyone ever get dirty looks by other non-catfisherman when carrying around a bucket full of bait?

Being Asian.....YES I DO!:cool2:

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont really get any dirty looks, but lots of people are amazed when they see us cast out big bluegills for bait or skipjacks and huge shiners. They cant believe we use fish for baits that they would take home and eat.:big_smile:

3. Oh baby, how about when you go to bait up? When I hit a couple of local township ponds up for bait , the looks I get make me nuts.

You know, the prim and proper, miserably walking thier poor little kids around,and the little ones get all excited to see you catch a sunny, and the parent gives you dagger eyes!:angry:

4. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    LMAO! Great post Tan. I fish one spot for chubs that is in a gas sation parking lot great little hole. I've had people come up to me and say stuff like you know there is a river a little down the road. Some people actually are pretty cool and are amazed that there are fish in the creek. Most of the people just stare at me like im some kind of freak.

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i don't until they ask what i'm doin with them and when i say i use them for bait they think i'm crazy or they think i'm asian too:smile2:

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    its not so much the looks i get but the stinking ? i end up ansering gets kinda old

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I get the LOOK a lot of times when I,m catching bait,like I,m gonna put a dent in the 100,000 bluegills in the lake.Sometimes I get some well meaning folks giving me some tips on where to go to get some bigger fish.I just thank them and carry on.LOL:wink:

8. suskycatman

suskycatman New Member

State:
    south central Pa
    Years ago I was one of those guys giving an old timer weird looks as he put 3-4" sunnies in his bait bucket. As I was slinging spinnerbaits for bass, I wondered what that ol goof was going to do with such small 'gills. Fastforward 20 some years...one day as I slipped my 20th small 'gill into my baitbucket and it suddenly dawned on me that I became that ol goof. Took me awhile to get here, but I've come to realize that live sunnies are tops for flatheads and channels.

9. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I get those dirty looks when i go to a pond to catch bait and theres people there that hasn't caught a thing all day. I throw a net and pull in 50 or more bream.
    :angry:

10. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    Yes dirty looks all the time when I hit a local lake up. I've had old people tell me i was going to get fined for keeping fish.

11. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    Welcome to the BOC Mark

12. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Only happened once. I was fishing for bait gills in the rec. park and a family with a couple of small kids walked up to me. They asked if I was catching anything, and I told them I was catching bluegills. They looked at my bait bucket and said, "they're really small". I said, "Nah, they're just perfect, I am gonna shove a hook through their backs and use them for catfish bait."

The looked horrified! LOL Needless to say, that round of questioning was over! :smile2:

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    A while back I got kinda bored with the same old questions and answers, so I started pointing down the road to the Mickey D's and telling people "they give me 25 cents a piece for 'em" I think a few people actually believed it :smile2:

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i catch my gills at the city park mostly, and the best spot is under a small pedestrian bridge where the feed ducks and the people are always wondering why im keeping the gills and throwing back the bass lol
    i dont think ive had one person believe that they were going to be bait, and when we are at the lake and soembody believes they are bait they dont beleive its going to be rod and reel bait

15. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Same thing happens when I'm catching bullheads in a small creek that runs through a park here.

16. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in

You have progressed well grasshopper! :cool2:

17. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The reason I asked this question is because everytime and everywhere I go to get bait, people give me this shitty-ass look like I am pillaging America's natural resources so I can feed myself or something.

I have had people tell me "You can get any filets off them!". Of course everyone gets the "It's illegal to keep fish!":cool2: and of cousre the "What's wrong with Gordon's Fish Sticks or McDonald's Fish sandwich".

I was even told one time to go back to Japan (I'm Vietnamese you dumb-ass!) and that the reason there is fish in America is because "we have rules".

Thanks for all the replies guys!

18. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Tan it sucks that people are so ignorant!! :angry: I hope it makes you feel a little better to know that we all get some rude comments when were fishing for bait and until I find a better bait bucket then a 5 gal white pail thats what I'm gonna keep using and they can just deal with it :smile2:

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    go back to england!!!!

20. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Tan; You just keep on, those that know understand, those that don't will never. You are our brother and you are accepted and welcome among your brothers. I just wish I had your skill and patience for catching big flatheads. whiteriver