Dirtbags

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 22, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Not the greatest night on the river :eek:oooh: Got on the water about 8, fished all night and caught one little channel cat. Eric and I decided we wanted some carp for tonight so we were fooling around trying to get an Asian in the boat and managed to hit a floating log and bust my transducer bracket.

At this point in the morning I'm a bit aggravated already and as I'm unlocking the truck to put the boat on the trailer I notice the console and glove box are open. I thought that was odd and then once I got the door open and saw the glass all over the inside of the truck I realized what had happened.

Long story short, apparently some moron thought a beat to sh$% 1995 Ford pickup might have some kind of treasure hidden in it so they busted my passenger side window to take a look. Only thing missing was my transom saver. Apparently there is a HUGE market for transom savers in the Missouri City area since I had another one stolen out of the back of the truck a month or so ago:smile2:

Man, I'd give a hundred bucks to have been walking up the ramp about the time that dirtbag was swinging whatever it was they used to bust that window with.

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    That blows, man. I always expect the same but haven't had it happen yet. If it makes you feel better, you can have my transom saver as I never use it.
    I overnight at Kaw Point and/or Chouteau and yet it's not typically break-ins there, it's places like Lexington or Cooley where I guess they get a little more bored.

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :sad2::sad2::angry: sorry to hear that brandon that bites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope someday that guy or guys gets caught doing wrong !!!!!

be safe brandon and hope it stops for ya bro !!!!!

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats is just BS. You can't leave your vehicle anywhere these days. Sorry for your loss.

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    it is getting very old to keep hearing these stories:angry: I hope oneday someone catches one of these punks and beats the living sh*t out of them.....pisses me off:angry::angry:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Branden sorry to hear of the truck damage and your losses. Nothing is safe anymore. We may read someday that they steel the boat right out from under us, while in use. Sad.:crazy:

7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    yep that blows.id like to be there when u catch the theivn a holes. that is one thing i hate is a damn theif. go by ur own stuff ya damn thieves!

8. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Theres always gonna be those low life scumbags.. :angry: Sorry to hear the news bro.

9. DOUBLEL

DOUBLEL New Member

State:
    KANSAS CITY KS
    I have got where everything I have of value goes with me and I leave the doors unlocked. If they want to search around they can. I guess im lucky I have a dedicated fishing/hunting truck. One thing I have noticed is every ramp you stop at has broken glass on the ground. It does suck for years when I lived in Hutchinson most of the time I didn't even pull the keys out.

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy I hate to hear that buddy. A thief is the one of the lowest life forms on earth:angry:. They are even lower than my ex-wife. I hate thieves! I have to assume that you were at Cooley. Talk to you later.

Tom

11. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is a good chance,I would dedicate one Saturday night to just pulling my truck and empty trailer to the same spot and wait in the woods with a couple of buddies...You take it from there.. :angry:

12. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    sorry to here that branden ya like to take whatever they used and see if there is any tresure inside there head:angry:

13. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Branden real sorry to hear about your brake in. It happened to me a few weeks ago now i leave my truck empty and unlocked.

14. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That sounds all to familiar, Sorry to hear the bad luck!!:angry:

15. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah Brandon that happened to me at Kaw point back in May. Since it was the week of the tournament I didn't post about it.It was on a Monday afternoon and there were plenty of people around. It cost me 187.50 to have the window replaced on my wife's jeep.They didn't take anything either even though there were some cd's sitting on the seat.I was packin some heat that day too bad I didn't catch them.:angry::angry: My wife is still out of work I can't afford that kind of stuff happening.There were several nice vehicles in the lot and none of them got windows busted out.

16. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    sorry to hear it my friend. when it rains it pours, but karma is a mother ******, and they will get whats comming to them.

17. jnordyke

jnordyke Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    John
    The "packin' heat" comment caught my attention as a friend just the other day asked me if I carry a weapon when fishing at night - I don't even know, what is the law in Missouri for having a pistol in the boat?

I personally wouldn't take a human life for a stolen stereo, but it is in the realm of possibility of getting jumped in the dark.

Assuming it is legal (don't want anyone confessing to a crime here), how many of you guys go armed on the river?

18. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Branden that is a awesome fish in your avatar pic, how big was it?

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thieves.... I hate em too.... at a state park on the Sacramento River in CA. there is a dock area off the side of the launch area... got to pull in through the levy to get to it.... a place for say 16 boats, you can rent the space, or just leave it there late at night, and then get it into early and get back to fishing..... :wink:

Well, Long/Short of it.... Some "locals" come into the dock area at night by boat and take folks electronics, and poles that are left out......

I believe they eventually caught them.... But, taking a man gear off of the boat.... when I heard about it, I wanted to spend the night on my boat to try to catch em....

20. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I have carried a gun, but i do have a concealed weapon permit, an its just in case a huge old catfish trys to pull me out of the boat............you know self preservation.