Director of the IL DNR

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Swishersweet, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Swishersweet

Swishersweet New Member

State:
    Bourbonnais, Illinois
    I'm not a real political person, BUT, I read in the news today Gov. Quinn fired Blago's newly appointed director of the DNR, Kurt Granberg. Read the following link from the Quincy Herald Whig to learn more about Granburg.

http://www.whig.com/story/sports/1-23-Schuck-Column

Is Illinois really going to get the DNR we pay for? Quinn has already re-opened the parks Blago closed. I am going to keep a close eye on this and further developments. Perhaps us outdoorsmen & outdoorsladies should start a letter writing campaign to let our new Gov. know what we would like and expect for us outdoors enthusiasts.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes we will, and Hopefully it will get back to where it once was, "a modle for other states" not the joke of the nation! It is going to be a long haul for everyone, but atleast it is a start in the correct direction eh..... Might be nice to actually know that the monies spent on DNR fees and programs will actually STAY where they are intended to be used. I mean it is gonna take a little while to reclaim the lost 900 million that fargo played with in Chi Town and travel......
    I for one do not mind one bit seeing a CPO in the field, used to be a pretty regular thing, instead of the "call for one and get told SORRY can't make it for another 4-5 hours if at all......

3. Swishersweet

Swishersweet New Member

State:
    Bourbonnais, Illinois
    Speaking of CPO's, the state maintenance worker at a local lake I fished told me this past summer that the CPO's were only given $50 a month for gasoline. How are they supposed to even try to function on that?

I am excited to see that conservation is coming back to Illinois. With the present economy, more families will need to find recreation close to home. I do not want to see any more park closures ever again. I mean, the outdoors is something that the people of the state can call their own. I am tired of seeing state parks in run down condition.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Couldn't agree with ya more Glenn, Buddy of mine has been a CPO over East, Cumberland county area, and was telling us to basically patrol our own property last hunting season and if a problem came up to call county or State police for better service, thats a damn shame! also was talking one evening about a memo they received that after their shift was done, any fuel used was out of there pocket! BS! While ago and his boys are partying all over Chi town, Sick of seeing his arse on the tv talk shows too, why are they even going there, he is a freak and got caught! toss em in with unka Geo and toss the keys away..... Get the rest gone and get back on track quick, GONNA TAKE A LONG TIME I'm afraid, to get the traveling outdoors folks back to doing it. Hell we went over to the local state park here to ice fish a few weeks back and couldn't even get to the lake, had it gated off, said they could not afford to buy salt to clear the road to the bottom of the hill......

5. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i agree will all of you on this. i bank fish where ever i go and i find more garbage of those before me i do my part and clean it all up. and like you were sayin about the economy not only are people looking for stuff close to home but some even need theses waters to help on grocery bills after all fishing is free!! but will all the garbage and people throwing stuff into waters and leaving stuff on shore some times its us the anglers that can begin the healthy return of our waters. as far as Rod goes he deserves all that he gets!!!!

6. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live close to the Illinois/Indiana state line. It appearers our neighbors have the same problem with their government. Shutting down State parks and campgrounds. But hey their getting a new stadium at the tax payers expense!

Wake up America!
    Wooly

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well in my opinion, they can shove that new stadium where the sun dont shine. :confused2: I think we ought to take care of the parks we have, open some new ones (like Fairbanks Landing, 8000 acres that we are leasing from a shutdown electrical utility company for public hunting ground, would make a hell of a park with river access, and great hunting turf) and more and better access to the Wabash. Yes, we have our problems over here to the east too, but our Gov aint goin to prison (at least not yet) :smile2: , and we still have the right to bear arms :wink:. Our man Mitch is selling off Indiana by the acre, I guess we cant have our cake and eat it to. :sad2:

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    gotta be honest, I don't know much about the new Gov..

A few people have told me that he'd actually probably be a really good Governor, so I guess I just gotta keep an eye out.. Was nice to see him re-instate the parks loot..

Now if we could only get a new House/Senate :roll_eyes:

9. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Man, do you think we could have a Governor who cares for us country folk south of I-80? The thought of that overwelms me.

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2: Yes Don, It was all but a heart stopper to hear/see that this one is going to live in the Mansion at SPRINGFIELD :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Think I'll still have to stop in and ring the bell just to see if it is true! :smile2:

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    southern illinois...the 51st state! cut er off at champaign and we'll take everything south

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey , now there's an idea! Succeed from the Union, wait for the National Gaurd to show up, surrender, and then recieve foreign aid.:tounge_out: Just might be crazy enough to work! :smile2: