Directions to Vevay from Indianapolis

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ScottWiseman, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hello all..I am needing to know the fastest way to the boat ramp on the Ohio River at Vevay coming from Indy. I did a mapquest thing on it, but that seemed alot longer than it should be. Any help is greatly appreciated. Going down there to fish Friday after work. The last time I took 74 to 1 to 56? It seemed like it took forever. Is there an easier way?

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Nope, that would be the way I would go. Vevay is at least an hour from any interstate so it's gonna take a while. You could possibly go 74 to US 50 West into Versailles and the on 129 South. That will take you to vevay. but it's gonna be just as long, maybe a little longer. Sorry I can't give you any better information but I think you have the best info there.

3. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Scott,
    When I have gone down there, I have always gone 65 south to Cloumbus. Then get on 46 east, then quickly onto 7 south. That goe right into Madison. I then take 56 along the river into Vevay. Hope this helps. Bruce

4. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is the quickest way undoughtedly.

5. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I grew up in Vevay and the fastest way from Indy to Vevay is taking I-74 south to Greensburg and the just head south on 421 and then down to SR-129. But SR-129 is closed due to road construction. I would guess that the fastest way right now from Indy would is to take I-65 south to the Austin/SR256 exit and then take SR256 east to Madison where you can get on SR-56, and then take SR-56 to Vevay.