Directions to Leadstock?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by GUP, Jan 16, 2008.

1. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Cuz,

When and how will you let us know where you live?

Thanks,
    Gup

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I believe it was mentioned once it got closer to Leadstock weekend that directions would be posted.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I will be posting directions soon. I'll post them on GUPS thread, and then again on the Leadstock thread. As well, I'll have a couple of phone numbers posted so that you may call if anyone gets turned around.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    is it the old Johnson place thats past the big oak, by the old trail across from the hog pit, just south of the crooked shed, but not quite to the lake, then left up the hill off the rock road thats past the lil cat pond? :wink:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It's on the other side of ol man Bartlets barn that burned down back about 20 years ago.

6. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Randy and Tom cleared it up pretty well for me. I'll plug those directions into my pickup and I'll be there! The phone number will probably be a good idea for some of us.

Thanks

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Randy, is your wife driving you down there... Also who is meeting for breakfast at 8 am that morning..

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes H., she is going down to her gramma's in St-gen, for the day. Where is the resturante' ?? which one, prolly be closer to 9 but may stop for coffee.........

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm in for breakfast on Saturday. I think I'll take Friday afternoon off and head over a little earlier. Anybody fishing Friday, maybe I'll take the whole day....................:wink:

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Waffle House is on the way.. It sits 1 exit before 67.. Do you think they can handle a bunch of wild catters... hehehe

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sorry Branden not me, Hope that barn is nice and WARM it's gonna be colder than ......... Saturday!

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Ahhhh - I was hoping it was going to warm up next week. Oh, well, maybe me and the boy will wander around BPS and Cabelas or something Friday if we get there early. I hate to, but I will...:smile2:

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well Branden after further review (and a trip to the calendar) you may be correct in the warm up by next week, Hell I lost 2 days somewhere this week! :crazy: :crazy:

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now Randy, why does that not surprise me.. I'm surprised you even know where Missouri is most of the time... hehehe

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ok Boyz and Girlz, heres Directions.

Although my address says DeSoto, MO we live quite a ways from there. DONT GO TO DESOTO MISSOURI.

Off of Intersate 55 You'll want to take Highway 67 South towards Farmington, Missouri. I think the highway exit sign says Bonne Terre/Farmington. Go down 67 South approximately 8-10 miles or so. You'll eventually pass a couple of gas stations on your right side (This is Flucom Road). This is just a landmark, but a time to get alert. Go another mile and you'll come into a little valley. As your going down the hill in the highway you'll notice a large home on both sides of the highway that have white fences going around them. Get in the left lane. On your left up on the hill you should see large buildings that look like apartment buildings but this is a timeshare place called Timber Creek Resort. You will want to do a U TURN here in front of Timber Creek and go back NORTH on 67. Go to the white fence (second driveway) and make a right into the driveway. (The drive is right beside the white fence) Follow the Driveway all the way back to the Barn. I'll be there to park you. There is plenty of room for parking.

Recap

I-55 to 67 South (This is one exit south of the Festus Exits)
    Take 67 South till you see Timber Creek Resort on the left hand side of the highway.

Do a U TURN and go to the second driveway on the right.

For those of you who get lost.

Cuz
    314-853-4000
    or
    636-337-4000

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm sure they will be happy to serve up some scattered, covered, smothered, chunked, topped, and dices to this group. :smile2: I might come up and join you guys.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    For me anyway. Was wanting to come down ,however too many family things going on the same day. Why did everything have to be the 26th:sad2:.Oh well got to keep peace in the family sometimes.
    Hopefully I'll get to hook up with some of you all SOMEDAY.:smile2:
    You all have fun and I'll be thinking of you and all the great fun I'll be missing.Darn It Anyway. Stay Safe around all that Hot Lead !!

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Well miss ya John but you'll be there in thought. I'm sure you'll get to meet the gang soon enough. Perhaps at the meeting in February or March. Of course, you'll also see alot of us at our lil Gathering in Louisianna. :wink:

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Cuz,

Could you post an actual address? If you don't wish to do that on a public forum, maybe you could PM it to me. That way I can play with our newfangled GPS Navigation unit in the truck. Then I don't have to 'think' about what I'm doing. Don't know how we ever got by without one?????

And also, guess I should add that I have not been able to find any lead thus far, but I will be bringing molds (no-rolls up to 16 oz.), a 20lb cylinder of propane, a burner, a pot and ladle. Everyone remember to bring welding gloves if you got'em to handle the HOT stuff.:wink:

Mrs Skipeye will be bringing a big ole pot of the worlds best potato salad (her recipe), to go along with the fish fry. Let us know if we can bring anything else.

I can bring a BUNN coffee pot that brews in under 3 minutes if you need it Cuz, let me know. I plan on sucking down some coffee.:wink::roll_eyes:

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Darryl sucking down coffee!!! I've never seen that before!!! LMAO!!! I've seen Darryl suck down coffee sitting in the sun, on the boat, when it's 100 degrees and 98 percent humidity! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

With that kind of behavior, it may be time for an intervention! LMAO!!! :smile2::smile2:

J/K Darryl, I've seen how you like your coffee buddy!!