dipbait or punch bait?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kayakcattin, Aug 15, 2008.

dipbait or punch bait?

1. dipbait

2. punch bait

3. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kayakcattin

kayakcattin New Member

State:
    texas
    what do you prefer and why?

2. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    I just prefer live or cut bait:cool2:

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Like Al said I prefer live or cut. But night before last the bite was real slow on shad and nothing would hit cut or live perch. So I got out the tub of DK's put some on my sons pole and with in five minutes he landed hisPB ten pound channel. We caught all but two fish it averaging 8lbs.

4. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I prefer punchbait. I do use dipabait as well when not hitting DK's. I try different baits until something hits. Lately it's been punchbait for me. Why I prefer it, Seems to be easier to work with and no special worm hook needed.

5. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    what is punchbait? i saw some at cabelas the other day and it looked relly fiberous or something? it was DKs

6. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That's about it. You just use a treble hook (#4), push it down in the bait w/stick, pull out at an angle and start fishing. In the past I have made punchbait out of dipbaits by stirring in lint from the cloth's dryer. You don't need special dipworms w/tubes or springs to fish it. Danny King's Blood is my favorite for the past month or so. That may change next time out.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just added punch bait to the list of baits I take wehn chasein channels. When ya go after them ya best have a few choices. LOL!

8. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have had better luck on dip bait then punch bait.

9. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My dad and I prefer live bait, but we've also had a lot of success on Liver and Cheese stinkbait (sorry, I forget who makes it) and Charlie Blood B. Sometimes we even take a little of the liver and cheese stinkbait and mix a little of the blood bait in with it and reel in a few good sized cats.

10. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I haven't used punchbait,but I catch alot of eatin' size Channel and Blues on Premo and Secret 7 dipbaits.

11. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I prefer live or cutbait but i do have some dan kings original and its caught me a few fish thats more than i can say from the dip baits ive tried. Abother good stink bait is lucky 7 blood bait.