dipbait or home made dough

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ATTICUS_BUDDY, Jul 30, 2008.

dip bait or home made dough

1. dip bait (day)

2. home made dough (day)

3. dip bait (night)

4. homemade dough (night)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    :wink:when the mrs. is not around use the blender and blend shad liver velveta cheese and all the blood from the liver together pour into large bowl and add small amount of flour and kneed it together till its like dough ball it on to a treble hook and have fun with the channels. be sure its all cleaned up before she gets back home.:cool2:

2. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    post you recipes if you have one on here!!!!! comeon we are all family here. lets us know you passed on family secrets

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    shredded cotton balls to the dough bait to make it more durable.:wink:

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    There are a bunch of recipes posted in the library.

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I like things that don't come off the hook no matter what. The fish love chicken liver. So I decided to scale and filet a carp, cut the filets into strips and soak it in chicken livers then freeze and use when your ready. Put on a peice of that carp with the hook through the skin and they'll never take it off and it smells just like the chicken liver they love.

P.S.Can't even get it off with pliers when your ready to go home either.

6. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    thanks thats a great tip. i will have to try that out.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois

Your bait formula might work but the wife will kill you before you have the opportunity to try it. Buy you a use blender at a yard sale. Dip baits work well early and late in the year and I think dough baits work better in the heat of summer.

8. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Can't argue with that. A happy wife encourages succesfull fishing trips.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What's the record blue caught on prepared bait?

10. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :big_smile:O yea ron the ole lady caught me grinding up shad & cheese. So she just went out and bought a new one. U owe me 42 bucks!!!!!:big_smile:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got a couple more 'won't come off the hook' baits for you. Salt pork is something your wife won't object to having in the fridge or freezer, it catches fish (but not as well as fresh cut shad or skipjack), and stays on the hook very well. You can refreeze what you don't use, but be sure to mark it as catfish bait. Your wife definitely won't like the other bait. Chitlings. I can get a big frozen pail of them for $5-$6. I cut them into bait sized pieces, and put about a pound or so into individual ziploc bags. Then I add flavoring to the bags. I've successfully used garlic powder, anise, and the contents of flavor packets from shrimp ramen noodles. Some others that sound like they should work are: vanilla flavoring; cheese powder (cheese sauce mix); skipjack oil (or other fish oil); and maybe even strawberry-banana Kool-Aid. Once you've added the flavoring, close the bag and squish the contents around real good to get the flavoring spread all through the chitlings. Like your carp, you'll have to tear these off the hook when you are through for the day, or if you want to put on a fresh bait.

12. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    thank you for all the tips and im sorry about getting caught but i did say clean it up before she gets home. lol. take care everyone and good luck fishing this weekend

13. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    HE WASTED RAMEN SHRIMP FLAVOR PACKET!!!! AHHHHhhhh!

14. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    thanks for all the tips i will have to try them out. good luck everyone