Dip Nets

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by John South, Oct 25, 2007.

1. John South

John South New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Been fishing below the Gallpolis dam and need to find a retractable
    handlle dip net of about 15ft.long.Does anyone got a place one
    could buy one?

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    John,
    I was just at Bass Pro yesterday in Cincinnati, Ohio. They had all kinds of retractable nets in stock. They seem to be anywhere from $30.00 to $50.00 dollars. Im not sure how long they were at full extension, but they will reach out a long way. If you have a Bass Pro Shop store close id try there or maybe even a Dicks Sporting Goods store. Hopes this helps. rspd507

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    John I was at Bass Pro shops today and the biggest retractable they had was about ten feet long. However if you get on cabellas's website they do have the big fifteen footers that you are wanting. they do get a little pricey but that is probably your easiest way of getting one is through them. or you might be able to find them on bass pro's website as well. i just havent looked.

4. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    The tackle box in Ironton can take care of you.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Another possibility is to get a commercial quality extendable pole for a paint roller and attach a net to it. I don't use it as a net, but I've got one of those poles that's about 10' long and extends to about twice that long.

6. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have a pole that is used for a swimming pool net that would work good. I fish the same place that you are, and that is what I was thinking about rigging up. That sure is a long way down to the water.