Dip N' Glow

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Game_Of_Inches, May 19, 2007.

1. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There is a bass fishing product called dip n' glow that is used to dye your plastic baits chartreuse or pink. One of these also comes in garlic flavored to enhance your bait. I was doing my usual thinking about new fishing ideas when it hit me why not try this with cut bait. It retains the normal fresh fish smell and texture and also gets a garlic kick. It also turns the bait chartreuse (just don't get it on your hands) and don't directly smell the bottle it'll almost make you sick. I caught fish with it but I couldn't say I caught fish that I wouldn't have without it. I also use it on live bait just dip a chub tail in the bottle or pour some down the side of a bigger bait an bam stinky live bait. I think the bottle was only 2 or 3 bucks and it lasts forever. JUST BE CAREFUL THIS STUFF STINKS AND STAINS ANYTHING IT TOUCHES. Give it a try and tell me what you think I know you can get the stuff at Bass Pro.

2. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I went to my usual bait store the other day and they had live canadian crawler worms that glowed in the dark. I guess they have something they soak them in to get them that way. They were a buck more than the regular canadian crawlers.

3. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah I've seen those, they do all sorts of crazy things with night crawlers any more. Green, garlic, floating, and many more. I'm sure you could dip the crawlers in the dip and glow and add that garlic flavor for cheaper than they sell garlic crawlers for. For that matter this stuff i'm sure would work with livers as well.

4. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Where did you buy it?

5. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    Last time I bought it at Bass Pro Shops it comes in a 2 ounce bottle (which goes a long way) and runs 4.69. I guess the maker is Spike-It and the product itself is called garlic dip-n-glow. If you have the 2007 Master Catalog its on page 394. Catalogs are free just order one from their website. You may be able to find the product on their site I'm not sure.

6. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Thanks I'll look it up.
    Should be fun to see if it works.
    Thanks

7. Localhero813

Localhero813 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    they also carry them at some wally worlds:cool2: