Dip/Chew

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Feb 17, 2006.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Was wondering who all dips or chews. Tell brand name and how long you've been doing it.
    Me - Started out on skoal. Use to chew Redman. Did the plug and twist tobacco. Went to Copenhagen while in the Army. Quit for 7 months and started dipping Kodiak straight. Thats the only thing I'll do now. Been dipping for 24yrs now. I think it's time to quit. It burns when I take one. Had a cancer screening at the dentist and he said I was good to go.
    Anyone tried the fake stuff to see if they could quit?

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    mail pouch!.been chewin since 93 when i quit smokin.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Never chewed. I'm a low life smoker. LOL!

However, my old man chewed up to the time he died in his 80's. Beechnut or Redman and he could nail a cat or a dog square in the face at 15 feet. LOL!

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    wintergreen grizzly, been dipping since i quit smoking 7 yrs ago. I started out on kodiak then switched to extreme by the same company.when it got over 2 dollars a can i found something cheaper. I need to quit because my 3 year old daughter hides it on me.

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    quitting chew is possed to be harder then smoking i quit smoking in 1977.
    i like the skoal spearmint has a good smell and flavor to it.

6. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    SKOAL ALL THE WAY! Not only is it relaxing,but the ring on my back pocket looks cowboy when I go to my country/western gig's on the weekends.

7. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    lol redneck drum.....the skoal ring at the country bars......cuz the chicks dig it! lol

8. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    Skoal apple, wintergreen or vanilla depending on what mood strikes me at the moment. And if given half a chance to find some I love Bloodhound plug.

Steve

9. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Skoal brother here,started when i was 12 and have been a loyal user for 24 years.I will try a different brand now and then just as a change of pace.Also enjoy Levi garret while working.I just wish i was alittle cheaper,i remember when i started i could get a can of Skoal and a pepsi and get change back out of a dollar.

10. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    used to hit the skoal and coppenhagan now the high prices have driven me to timbewolf.....before that i used to use bg twist,apple thick plug :p

11. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Red Man. Used to dig tobacco leaves out of my dad's empty pouches when I was a kid. He's since quit for a while and then started dipping Copenhagen. I started smoking about 9 or 10 years ago, :p and would really like to quit. I've always chewed though. Love that mouthful of Red Man.

12. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Former 5 cans/week for 30 years and now going on 9 months tobacco free with no cheats and no desire to ever go back.

Quitting was actually easy by following one rule and one rule only that I picked up from a Website. "Never ever allow tobacco to again enter my mouth". I followed that one rule and the rest was easy.

Part of the success was using the fake skoal mint product. It served a purpose for satisfying the physical aspect, and after several months I was able to quit the fake stuff too. But I do keep some of the fake stuff on hand for fishing, as I enjoy it but no longer feel I need it.

Good luck if you decide to quit, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

13. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I started dipping a few months ago but i only do it about once or twice a week. Ill take any kind of chew thrown at me :) its all good.......

14. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Been using tobacco for 23 years. I started with Redman then switched to Copenhagen then I started smoking Marlboro's when I was a Disbursing Clerk in the Navy. I quit smoking about 6 years ago and started dipping Kodiak winter green and now I dip Kodiak Ice.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Started out on skoal 30 years ago, now I use longhorn natural because of the prices..Never had a problem such as a sore or anything, I will dip till I die, I enjoy it to much to quit.

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I do not chew or smoke other then a nice Cigar a couple times a year in good company. But, this was in SI this week. Free can for filling out info. Trying to save yall some money. Enjoy

Disclaimer: This is only for people 18 years of age and older. It is against the law if you are under 18.

www.twtastechallenge.com

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I been at it for about 11 years now. I started with redman then did the skoal straight,wintergreen fine.. Now it's all cope. I need to quit I should quit. I just have no reason to quit.

18. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I used those products for many years, even briefly quit a time or two for a while, but started back each time. About 2 years ago, my blood pressure started showing a little high when I was at the doctor, and after a time, I tied it to tobacco use (it wouldn't be high if I hadn't had a dip yet that morning). I quit cold turkey and haven't touched the stuff again. I don't even have the urge anymore, and my blood pressure dropped 20 points. Recently it's been elevated, but my doctor thinks it's mostly related to the steroids I've been on since last June, and medication keeps it under control. Hoping to get off the steroids within the next few months, and see what the b/p does then.

19. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    Skoal straight, tried the other flavors but just can't handle the silly taste. I quit smoking after 13 years cold turkey and picked up chew. My better half is ok with it as long as I do not leave bottles around the house. My kids want me to quit so I guess it's time.

20. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    dipped fpr about 16 years. mostly kodiak. tried to quit about a million times. each time i tried though, i would quit a little longer. i finally got over the hump. been clean for over 3 years now. stuffs hard to kick. i guess what did it for me was i kept getting a sore spot in my throat. scared the hell out of me. thought it was cancer. my heart burn is not nearly as bad now either. for all of you guys who still do this, please quit. the nicotine in one dip is equal to that of around 16 cigarettes! not only does, not can or is possible, but does cause throat cancer it also can cause cancer anywhere else in your body. do some research. it is not worth it.