Dip baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by PTDixieGal, Jun 27, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with dip baits...stink baits do not do well in the area where I fish but I think it may be the kind of stink bait I'm using (I've been using Hog Wild Dough Balls-considering getting a dip worm and Uncle Charlie's Blood Dip Bait or something like that). It seems like I put it out in the lake and five or ten minutes later it has lost the scent.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Melissa, they have there place in your catfishing arsenal.

Many will say they are a waste, others will say they are a time saving tool to get relax time on the water.

Your mileage will vary based on your current attitude, lifestyle, and goals.

3. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    This topic gets talked about quite a bit, here is a recent post concerning some opinions:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85015

Stink bait is wierd in that you have to experiment and find the kind that the fish like where you are fishing. One person's go-to bait may not work at all for you, which is why there are so many brands and flavors that all sell well enough to keep the manufacturers in business. A few brands stand out among people here, Secret 7 by Team Catfish and Sonny's among them.

Good luck and good fishing!

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get yourself a tub of Sonnys Blood Formula or Team Catfish Secret 7, a few looper rigs and some dip bait worms and you'll be set...

5. Giant SC Cat

Giant SC Cat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have pretty good luck with my home made Punch bait (a.k.a. Stink bait ) On lake Wylie and Santee ! i still perfer live bait best but have caught some pretty big cats on my punch bait. If anyone is interrested ill give those who i feel worthy my recipe!!:wink:

6. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

The best dip bait I've used is called "Rusty's Sponge" it comes in a resealable plastic pouch, it's sometimes hard to find but it can be ordered off the internet. I've caught channel cats everywhere I've used it. I would'nt waste your money on a dip worm, sponges work much better.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Another vote for secret 7 here. We cleaned 48 blues and channels today and caught somewhere around 60 fish total. Catfish will hammer this bait.

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    C'mon Johnny, fess up. You just can't tease us like that. What waters were you fishing? What kind of structure. And so forth.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Jerry we were fishing the Arkansas River above the Ozark Dam. We fished several locations but most of the fish were caught in running water about 6 ft. deep. We fished a cut that was about 60 ft wide and the fish were stacked in this cut getting out of the main river current. The current was also bringing the scent of this bait downstream and drawing the fish to it. I think we have found a new go to bait for when the skip jack and shad are not producing. This bait not only out catches Danny Kings but the fish also will hammer this bait a lot harder. And this is coming from a guy that has fished Danny Kings for years.

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Hoss's Hawg Bait takes top 3 places in the 50-boat Bass Pro Big Cat Quest event held at Rend Lake. In last Saturday’s tournament, every angler used dipbait thanks to a unique format devised by catfish promoter Ken Freeman.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  12. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    my personal favorite is Cat Tracker Sewer Bait....ive gotten the best results with it and it stays on the worm better than alot I have used.