Dip bait

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by 93catfisherman, Dec 29, 2008.

1. 93catfisherman

93catfisherman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've heard that you can catch bluegill with dipbait, stink bait, ect.
    Can you really?
    If so what's the best for this?

2. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i never use that stuff, i find that bluegills love shrimp. you can by the "fresh frozen" shrimp at the store and use them. works good for me.

for my trap(Whistlers trap) i use cat food, they love it, i tried dog food but didnt get nearly the same results as the cat food

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The best baits for gills hands down is small pieces of hotdogs and worms...

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive wondered the same thing,i was thinking you coud cut a small piece of a dip tub or a small piece of a loopers rig and put in on a small hook.Dont know if it would work or not but it couldnt hurt to try.I normally use just worms.

5. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    worms crickets work well wax and meal worms work real good. i have even use bacon rind.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Mac,

I'm a dip/stink Bait user & I have been for some time now, But I'm here to tell ya "that would be one of the last things that I wound use to catch Bluegills".
    :confused2:
    Dip Baits are for Catfish - "Period"!!!!
    There are to many other ways to get Bluegills. If you do catch any gills on dip baits, those are some very,very,very desperate Gills.:0a14:

Stick with using things like the members in the post above use like Worms, Crickets, small pieces of shrimp, Etc.........
    :0a23:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree with Bert.....Try red worms or peice of night crawler and sm trout hook.

8. bigboyjon

bigboyjon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I seen a utube video of this. The guy was fishing with some kids. They was dipping a hook baited with worm in it. I feel the worm was what got the fish.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    Your Right BigBoy,

I could be wrong but
    I thing that Bluegills feed mostly on "Site & Movement" Than they do on "Smell & Scent". :0a23:
    :wink:

10. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Use pieces of nightcrawler usually, but have caught some good size 'gills on chicken liver while fishing for channels.

11. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I like to use meal worms, maggots,roostertails,wax worms,nightcrawlers and many other baits. never tried dip baits for bluegills. They do sell this stuff at Wal-mart that's like the Berkley power bait for bluegills and other panfish never tried it though.

12. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    The Berkley Gulp maggots work real well & are easy to use & store but the shrimp get the fastest bites.

The last two weekends we caught a five gallon bucket full between us:wink:, using the shrimp.