Dip Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Kansas Tree Rat, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I have never used it. Thinking I might give it a try. Any one have a favorite brand?

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i used to use danny kings punch bait but have not used it in 3 yrs nowadays i use lucky 7 dipbait pretty good in a river with alot of channels in the summer and fall

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ok Whats the secret I have tryed the dip baits several times and can't even get a bite I still have 2 jars of the stuff and a few worms and tubes left. Have I got the wrong stuff or what ? :angry:

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    i like sunnys dip and danny kings punch bait, caught 5 channels between 5 and 8 lbs on sunday out of marion res. i find it works best in warmer water
    rwg :big_smile:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the Secret 7 dip bait. It is winning a lot of tournaments and is one of the BOC Sponsors. Catfish Safari.

6. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    We use the Hog Wild stuff from walmart and Catfish Charlie from cabelas. We been catching channles left and right. I get the dip bait worms wholesale and can hook you up with two for a dollar. It's just the worms no hooks. The hooks that come on the ones in the store are to small for me so I change them out anyway.

7. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    dihard sonnys fan i have kids that cant wait for the big one
    [ its been a very long wait] but if i throw on sonnys i can catch every small channel around keeps me and my kids happy

8. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Thanks for the info so far but now I need to ask one more question. What is the differnce between punch bait and dip bait?
    I grew up using chicken and turkey livers, worms and other live bait and have never used any of this here new fangled prepaired baits.

9. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Whichever brand you use, it needs to be slightly thinner than peanut butter. I prefer to use a felt sponge that you can buy from a western store(ie Vanderbilts) that is used to clean cowboy hats. Cut off whatever size you want and dip it in, then drop it in the water for a few seconds to "lock" it on the sponge helps keep it on. I have caught fish after it has been on for 15 minutes, but usually rebait about that time. Sonny's, Premo, Junnies, and homemade are hard to beat.:tounge_out:

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I'll vote with Bryan, only I use half a Looper rig............Premo blood super sticky, Junnies Wicked Sticky, and Sonny's have all produced. Hard to beat any of these over a chummed area.

11. stevev

stevev New Member

State:
    kansas
    The punch bait that I have used you jam in a bare hook then pull out at an angle, the hook holds the bait. With dip bait the worm has holes and rings to hold the dip

12. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

bee jay dough bait is the best! lol.

13. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I have luck (w/ smaller channels) with Sonny's. As a kid I used to use Rusty's, again, pretty good luck. I myself have never caught any fish over say 7 lbs on any dip bait so, I try not to resort to dip bait unless the bite is really slow.:wink:

14. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Charlies Dip bait is some of the best dip bait on the planet. I have landed a few 18lb channels with it.

15. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use Catfish Dynamite. I use the Catalpa kind. Its looks and smells just like puke but its by far the best dip bait i have ever used.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Caught 8 cats this morning on Secret-7.
    Biggest 10.8 lbs..the rest 3-4lbs all in just a little over a hr time.

Have used about every kind of prepaired baits around and found none that can out do secret-7.

Dip Worms work good but they get a little costly at about $1 each.
    I just whip in a few cattails in my bait.You cant get it off the hook.

Another trick i found is to get you some big fuzzy pipe cleaners and wrap the pipe cleaner around a j-hook or trible hook.Works great to hold the bait on.

All you need is about 3-4 wraps.One pipe cleaner will do about 5-6 hooks.

Attached Files:

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice cats Tom. Do you ever get tired of eating catfish?:smile2:

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    No I dont,but all these were CPR.....

But the one attached tasted real good:wink: from last week!!

Attached Files:

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man that looks good. :cool2:

20. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    if he eats like me i would have fish 7 different way every day of the week but instead only have it once a week