Dip bait what time of year

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by rahughes, Dec 28, 2009.

1. rahughes

rahughes New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What is the Ideal season to you dip baits or do they work all year long and what tips do you have for the best results.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use Secret Seven year round. I use it in the lake in the warm months and use it on the river where there is a current in the winter. I use a dip tube with a single hook if the cats are hitting hard or change to a dip tip with a treble hook if they are hitting light.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When the temperature falls in the lower 40's the bait does not break down as fast and the bite will be slow. Use smaller amounts and keep it as warm as possible. You can still catch cats at these low temps. The warmer the water gets the better the bite will be for dip baits. I hope this helps.

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Dip baits.... Yes Secret Seven, Sonnies, Kings, I like to get live bait in the water and then put some stink in the water as well.... In fact I have a "swim feeder" that I fill with stink and then my weight is in that as well..... it then becomes a sliding sinker..... stink working and the live bait close by....:wink:

got to try..... :eek:oooh:

5. rahughes

rahughes New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Very helpful Thanks